mr. nichewriter ;o)

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

mr. nichewriter ;o)

Post by nichewriter »

Just had to share -- I finally got dear hubby to sign up for a CC author account yesterday and submit his first article last night. Discovered a few minutes ago that it was accepted! Yay! He had me proofread it sooooo many times over the last 3 days I was getting sick of it and I had to tell him last night, "I'm done proofreading, dear! It is ready to go!" So now he's got 3 other articles written and he's appointed me as his proofreader. He doesn't want to submit more than 1 article at a time so I have my work cut out for me :lol:

~Sherry
Celeste Stewart

Re: mr. nichewriter ;o)

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Awesome! I wish Mr. Stewart could write but that's not going to happen.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Congratulations!

My hubby doesn't write (although he is good at suggesting articles for me to write about), but I talked my mother into signing up and now I have to proofread all her articles too! Oh well, proofreading someone else's articles helps me to find errors when I proofread my own. Practice makes perfect, so they say!

Hayley
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I am proofing all my sister's articles too. She's very busy and since I have had time to get famliar with CC's requirements, it goes faster that way. I'm now trying to convince my daugher-in-law to sign up. If only my dogs could write, heh! Think of the fascinating articles we'd all be offered: "Five Benefits to Chasing Cats", "How to Dig a Hole in 20 Seconds", "The Trash: A Treasure Trove of Tidbits!", among others.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Sherry--that's great about "Mr Nichewriter." :) My hub joined CC recently too. He spent ages perfecting his first article and worrying over it, and then it sold a couple weeks after he submitted it....I was so proud of him! He has lots of fantastic ideas for articles but is struggling with motivating himself to "just do it". Whether or not he ever becomes as addicted as I am to CC, I love being able to share this part of my life with him. We are fantasizing about doing some road-tripping together in Australia, stopping at coffee shops and bookstores along the way to upload articles and fund our travels. Has anyone ever worked successfully on-the-go like that? In theory one should be able to write just as well in the passenger seat of a car, but in practice I am not so sure...
eek

Post by eek »

That's sweet, Sherry. Love the pseudo you christened him! :) I thought I was something of an anomaly here, having a husband who was in this with me. Except in our case, he's the other "E" in E. E. Kane. We figured why set up two accounts? I suppose it might have been good to do so (it sure would save a lot of time and explanation - I feel like I'm always explaining this writing partnership we have). On his own he could have focused on his particular strengths- technical & electrical stuff, like audio/visual equipment, security cameras - but he just doesn't have the time. I wish I could coax him into doing more than editing my stuff - especially when I think of the money those types of articles would bring - but for now it's nice to have him involved by helping me with ideas, sharing his knowledge when I need it, and catching all the grammar goofs. He's also good at building me up during those dark moments when I think everything I write is absolute crapola, or kickstarting me when I get too hung up over minor stuff. Sorry to get so sappy about it, but I'm really grateful to have a husband who is also a good writing partner.

Antonia - I took the laptop on a trip a year or so ago to finish a project for a deadline. It would have been better if I had a wireless connection for internet research. I had uploaded some material to work with, and it was kind of fun to bounce some ideas around with Evan and my brother, who was on that trip with us. Working in the car was distracting, but it could easily work for your purposes. It would be great for writing travel pieces - you could write up something on the last place you visited while it's still fresh.

Debbi - Your dog's perspective articles would be a great story idea for a children's mag. So cute.

Emma
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hey Antonia,

Let me know when you get to Sydney - we can catch up in person and I'll show all the best cafes in my city.

Kind regards,

Hayley
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

That's so sweet, Sherry! Sometimes I wish I could get my hubby in too, but then we work together in our outdoor company, so this is also fine.

Antonia, I used to write on road trips long ago - and it did work, in spite of distractions. Writing in the car might just take away the whole point of the road trip, though - maybe you could get inspired while watching the landscape roll by and write it out later!

Best
Cany
Celeste Stewart

I sometimes take my laptop with me camping but I just can't bear to fire it up. Remember that part of being a writer is experiencing life! Plus, we all need a break from our jobs, even if we love writing.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Hayley--can't wait to meet you in person--fun! I sent you an email.

Thanks all, for the comments about writing on the go. I will let you know how it works out!
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I wish I could get my husband to sign up; he's a great writer. I've had to proof all of his papers for his Master's course work. He's had to write these tech talk articles about the new technological buildings in Dubai, a ton of stuff on open source and Linux (because his final project is switching something the Navy does on proprietary software to free software as a cost savings measure) etc. All very cutting edge technology stuff. I keep telling him, "Hon, you could tweak this and that and sell this for $50" but he looks at me strangely and says "Hon, I already work for a paycheck, I don't want to work for extra money in my time off. You do the writing, how about you take my research and YOU write something."

Darn turn the tables logic. :) But his face lights up when he tells people "My wife is a writer." He keeps asking me when he can expect that #1 best seller so I can become his Sugar Momma. :)
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Celeste, Hayley, Debbi, Antonia, Cany, Emma, Elizabeth:

Thanks for all the wonderful posts! I took a couple of weeks of "forced" non-writing time because I got sick and spent the second week trying to recover from the side effects of the antibiotics. It wreaked havoc in my system, sleep schedule, appetite, concentration, and pretty much everything else -- I was pretty much useless and couldn't write at all.

I did manage to edit articles for mr. nichewriter (Tim) but it was a very slow process and took a lot out of me. So far he's gotten 14 articles accepted. Two are under review. He made his first sale on the 23rd, and he hasn't gotten a rejection from dear Ed. He finished 3 articles and they're waiting for me to edit/proofread them before he submits. I think he's doing pretty well ;o)

I still managed to sell a few articles in my portfolio, but I haven't submitted anything in 11 days. I hope to get back to things tomorrow.

Hayley: How's your mom doing with her CC subs?

Debbi: Did you get your daughter-in-law signed up with CC yet? Sounds like you and your dog have lots of funny articles to write about! We have an 8-year-old German shepherd who thinks she's a little kitty, and acts like one. She was police dog reject and we got her when she was a year old. Her cop owner gave up on her and said she just isn't K9 material. She spent her first year socializing with cats so she kinda thought she's one. We have a real pet cat, Pod, and they just love each other. 'Course, they can't really be together that often because of our other German shepherd, Bear, who's 11 years old and is real psychotic and can't stand it if others are having fun.

Antonia: It's so great to have hubby writing too -- and selling! When Tim sold his first article, I found out before he did and I was so proud. I spent the next hour praising him and excited, it was embarrassing :o) (Oh yeah, I read in another post about your and your hubby's love story -- it's all just so romantic.) How's Australia?

Emma: I would've loved having one account with hubby just like you do with yours instead of separate account, and I did ask him that in 2006, but he doesn't think he's a writer. He always tells me he hates writing, but when he has to write content, he's a natural. I'm just tickled I finally got him to sign up with CC and write. Evan sounds like a great writing partner!

Cany: Maybe one day, your hubby will sign up... it took me 3 years to convince Tim to sign up with CC and 13 years to actually get him to write, so hope springs eternal ;o)

Elizabeth: Love your husband's logic! Becoming his Sugar Momma's a worthy goal to shoot for ;o)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! More writing and sales to us in the New Year.

~Sherry
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Sherry,

I'm so sorry to hear you have been ill - I was hoping you were just enjoying a break to refresh your spirits. Anyway, I hope you are feeling better now. My Mum is doing fantastic here - she has well over 50 articles approved and sells almost as much as I do. Thanks for the good wishes and welcome back!

Take it easy,

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

This is from Debbi:
by Debbi on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 am

Sherry,

Glad you're back up and writing!

My daughter-in-law and my son for that matter each have a wealth of knowledge but neither think they can write. I have offered to edit anything they'd like to submit but so far no takers. My daughter signed up there but hasn't submitted anything since she's in school full-time and a roller derby girl the rest of the time. It will probably take me years to get them all going
** I just moved her post to a new thread and didn't know exactly what I was doing. The above quote should stay here. The rest of her post is now a new topic (the Post Your Pet Pictures Here thread: http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... 15&t=17869). Thought it would be fun to separate it into a new thread. ** Celeste