My November Just Do It Project - Helping Newbies

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HayleyWriter

My November Just Do It Project - Helping Newbies

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi all,

My November project to meet the "just do it" challenge was something slightly different. Normally, every challenge relates directly to writing and selling articles on CC, but I decided to make my challenge this month a project that I've wanted to write for quite a while. Today, I have launched a new ebook called "Sales Success on Constant Content", which explains how CC works, walks new authors through the submission guidelines (and includes a submission guidelines checklist) and explains how authors can succeed on CC. :wink: In the 30 pages, I have put together all the advice I would normally give to new authors, or my affiliates, and the things I wish I had known before I started (or that I found out the hard way - ie those dreaded rejections :oops: ).

Hopefully, this ebook finds a market, but whether it does or doesn't, I must admit it was a very interesting project to write. I thoroughly enjoyed putting this ebook together, something I had never tried before. The ebook has a different style of writing to my usual articles and it was challenging to write a larger project without making it boring. I think that's really the purpose of the challenges - taking us authors out of our comfit zones and stretching our abilities as writers.

I hope this post doesn't count as spam!

Hayley
Lysis

Re: My November Just Do It Project - Helping Newbies

Post by Lysis »

Hayley, I think it can benefit the new people. CC is an odd site in a way. It takes a lot of understanding and patience. One thing I think is advantageous is that I had already been around the online content block, so I had an understanding in a way. You still kinda get a culture shock when starting CC. If you aren't a grammar expert, you realize all your mistakes and understand you need to get your stuff together. Several people I've referred have quit but some people have done well here, and I am happy for them.

I think an eBook about CC is good. It's a learning experience for sure, and I'm proud to say I'm getting close to the 100 article mark! I try to point writers to CC, because I truly think it's an awesome site for buyers and writers. But, it takes some learning at first. As someone who makes plenty of mistakes, I think Ed and the staff at CC are pretty fair.

GL for your book!
HayleyWriter

Re: My November Just Do It Project - Helping Newbies

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks Lysis. I really hope the ebook finds a market - I spent a lot of time on it. However, it was fun writing the ebook too, so I haven't lost anything if it doesn't. I loved writing it because I am so passionate about how good CC is and I want everyone else to succeed on the website too. It's just full of all the information I wished I had when I started instead of spending ages discovering it for myself. Any newbies out there who need a starting will find "Sales Success on Constant Content" extremely helpful. You can find it on expandingcreations.com. :wink:

Hayley