What milestones have you reached lately?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

Re: What milestones have you reached lately?

Post by nichewriter »

Way to go, Antonia! That's awesome!

~Sherry
(who's aiming for a milestone before the month's out)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

PS Antonia, congrats on another biggie - your $200 interview article just sold! Awesome!
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Thanks, Debbi, Sherry, Celeste! Yes--I was excited to get the alert this morning about the $200 artie selling--I had discussed it with the client before writing but you never know until they actually hit the "Buy" button. :)

Recently I feel like something has shifted for me. When I first started out at CC I focused on building up a portfolio with a wide array of subjects. I'd write maybe 5-8 articles in a day and I answered public requests like they were going out of style. :) Lately I'm finding myself investing more time and energy on single projects. My typical day involves interviewing one or two people, doing maybe an hour of background research, and then spending an afternoon time writing and editing a single piece. I charge more, of course, but my hourly wage probably works out to about the same. It feels good to have developed (more or less by accident) an approach that suits my personality and writing style.

I know a lot of writers come to CC and get overwhelmed and think it's not going to work for them. But you can make it work on whatever level you want. You can sell masses of usage, you can answer every single public request, you can market yourself as an expert in a specific subject, you can be the quiz person or the introduction to city/author X person or the gardening person. You can write for 12 hours straight or you can write for 30 minutes at a time. If you trust your own skills they will lead you into places you could never predict. It's an amazing journey.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hear! Hear!
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Congrats, Antonia!

I've been watching your nursing articles as well - and the way they've been evolving - way to go!!
It's also great that CC creates the environment where each of us can evolve in whatever direction - and at whatever pace - we want.

Best
Cany