What milestones have you reached lately?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Phil

Re: What milestones have you reached lately?

Post by Phil »

nichewriter wrote:Well, my recent milestone is today -- I sold my 200th full rights article :D I'm excited to reach another milestone soon -- 400 articles submitted to CC, considering I was a very slow starter. I signed up in July 2006, but between that time and May 2008, I had only submitted 8 articles. Looking at the dates in my articles, my 8th CC submission was in April 2007, so I really didn't do anything on CC for more than a year :oops: . It wasn't until my husband and I were traveling overseas from May to September last year that I resumed writing for CC and started growing my portfolio.

~Sherry
[floored] WOW [/floored]
Phil

Post by Phil »

All you have to do is click the globe under my forum username. I tried to PM you, but could not find the option. Thanks in advance. Let me know if I can return a favor sometime.
Phil, of course I will take a look if you'd like. Blogs are different since there isn't as much stuff you can edit. I warn that I do not know blogs very well, but if you want me to look, I can do that. Just PM me. I'd love to help a fellow CC person.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Congratulations, Sherry, that is an impressive milestone! Good for you.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Sherry, that's awesome! It just goes to show that you have to keep writing and submitting. . . Plus, I still say that you've found a nice little niche :) Good job!!!! May the next 200 sales fall right into place for you now that you're on a roll (they will).
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Sherry, that's really awesome. Congrats!
Also, it's heartening to hear that you also had a slow period - i'm there now and wondering if it will pick up. Good to know there's hope for the slower ones as well!

All the best for your next milestone!

best
CW
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Thanks, Antonia, Celeste, and CW :D CC is truly an awesome place. Looking back, I don't know why I ignored CC for a year. I think it was homesickness that made me revisit some sites I had signed up while we were overseas. I had a Helium account, but basically abandoned it mid-2007 when it just wasn't paying off. Now I just write exclusively for CC because it is such a rewarding place to write.

I truly love that I can write anything and set my price here. Writing and submitting is really the key to being successful on CC. I noticed that the more I submit, the more I sell. The sales may not come right away, but they will come. My 3rd article on CC actually took 9 months to sell, but like I wrote earlier, I only had a measly 8 articles submitted my first 2 years on CC. When I began steadily submitting articles last year, my sales started to grow steadily too. I have a lot of articles that are about a year old, but I'm not worried about them. I just concentrate on the next articles I'm writing. Once those articles are on CC, I know the right buyers are going to come along.

Here's to all of us who've achieved a milestone recently! :D And to those who'll be achieving a milestone soon...please post yours here! It's truly awesome to read about personal successes of fellow writers.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Sherry,

That is so cool!!! 200 FR sales! How exciting :) and almost 400 articles submitted, wow.
Congratulations!

Debbi
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Yes! I hit my milestone of 50 articles submitted (including 6 waiting for review) by September 6. Now my new goal is 100 total by November 6. Baby steps, that's how I roll...... :D

Debbi
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Congrats, Debbi! Just keep rolling... :D
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Congrats, Debbie! Way to go!

Best
CW
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Good job, Debbi! Love the baby steps. I just hit another milestone too: this is my 100th post on the forums :) Keep up the great writing...I will be cheering for you come November 6!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Thanks, Antonia, CW, and Sherry!

One of the 6 approved, so only 5 more to go before it's offically 50 accepted. Since today is Labor Day, I'm going to labor mightily and see if I can't get a jum- on those next 50.

Y'know, a lot of my inspiration and motivation came from all of your encouragment and great advice, so give yourselves a hand!

Debbi
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I checked out nichewriter. She does pretty well! Grats on 200 sales.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

I submitted my 300th article today. Onward!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Woohoo! Antonia, go go go!