What milestones have you reached lately?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Antonia

What milestones have you reached lately?

Post by Antonia »

I just hit a personal goal I set for myself a few weeks ago: 100 articles posted on CC.

Well, some are still waiting for approval so I may not have quite hit it yet, but I was too excited to wait for Ed! Just had to share this milestone with you and thank everyone in this incredibly supportive community.

What milestones have you come to or goals achieved lately?

Or, what are your goals that you are working on now?
Zabrina

Re: What milestones have you reached lately?

Post by Zabrina »

Awesome! I'm glad for you! :mrgreen: Be proud of yourself and take a day off or something. Even better, write an article just for fun to reward yourself! It might even sell. 8)

I actually set the exact same goal... 100 articles on CC by the end of August. :lol: Working on submitting the remaining articles to get myself up to that magical number of 100. :) They're all written, they just have to be submitted. *sighs* Better get back to work. They won't submit themselves.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

A and Z, (heh)

How long have you both been submitting articles? I'm coming up on two months September 6th. I set a goal for 50 artivles by that date and I now have 40, so I guess I better get a move on, hunh? That seems kind of slow, and I guess I'm no speed-writer, but now that I have the hang of things around here, I think I'll be able to have a quicker turnaround from idea to submission. I spent a lot of time the first month just getting to know the rules and then this month I got seduced by the forums! Hey, you guys shouldn't be so interesting :lol:

Congrats both of you!

Debbi
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

A and Z! That gave me a laugh. :lol:

I've been on the site since May. In May, I submitted five articles, and in June, I submitted three. I earned a small amount from one of those articles in June, enough to convince me to give CC a better try. In July, I began concentrating on CC instead of Helium (the site I started at), and have been steadily submitting (and earning more than I expected already!) throughout July and August. :)

So don't worry, you're doing much better than I was. By the time two months had passed from my first article submission date, I'd written about 20. :lol:

The first two months seem to be the slowest for most writers. It's a slightly non-traditional "ice-breaking" period where, instead of listening to the group leaders recite the rules and then sitting around in a circle singing cheesy songs to get to know everyone, we read the rules ourselves, then sit around the forums and wait for new posts. Much more potentially time-consuming. :wink:

Thanks! :) I'll wait to reward myself until I hit the 100 mark... just a few more, just a few more...
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Wow Zabrina, your story is really similar to mine. I also started in May as a Helium refugee, submitted only a few articles in the next couple months, then started seriously focusing on CC in July and August. So Debbi, you are cracking along nicely...make sure you tell us when you hit your fifty so we can do the happy dance a la Phil. :)

So, so true about the first two months being an ice-breaking period...sometimes I would even have two CC windows open, one with the forum and the other with my sold content page, which I would refresh every two minutes....(do you like how the use of "would" implies that I never do this anymore *cough cough*)

I am not sure what my next goal will be. Maybe to start marketing my work a little but, use the widget and so on...
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Uhh, sorry to break the news but if you have the CC bug, you'll be checking the forums and recently sold list obsessively for many years to come. . . Say goodbye to the paint on your F5 key. :P
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

This is going to show that I know next to nothing about computers, but . . .

What the heck does the F5 key do? I never use any of the F keys. Bad experiences in high school programming with them - I lost an entire file somehow.

And congrats to all of you for working towards 100 articles! I'm impressed - it took me a lot longer to reach 100.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Celeste, ah, so true. I tend toward OCD when I find something as rewarding as CC :)

Antonia,
I set up my twitterfeed so my newest articles show up on Twitter (thanks, forums for the tutorial!), and built a basic web page to use my widget (http://www.dmgenterprises.com/cc.html). I think I have 5 followers on Twitter (woohoo!) and I doubt anyone has seen my web page so I guess I need to learn how to generate followers and steer traffic to my web site. Any advice would be great! I know someone here knows how to do it since I keep seeing those articles on the sold page

Debbi
Celeste Stewart

Amy, the F5 key "refreshes" each web page. So, if you come back to your browser and want to see what's new, press F5 and you'll see the latest, refreshed stuff!

Debbi, Twitterfeed has been pretty cool. Can't say one way or another if it works, but once it's set up it's on autopilot. Add in a real tweets to let the world know that you're a real person and who knows????
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

My goal was to quit making stupid mistakes. LOL I've made myself wait a few days and proof articles at least 3 days after I write them. My rejection rate has dropped and I'm pretty proud of myself. My one rejection this week was on an article on which I broke my rule.

I was reeeally proud of my SQL Injection attack article and it sold quick. I hope it informs people well. It was an article I was really proud of.
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

Thanks, Celeste - that's good to know!

And good for you, Lysis! I always think that's the difference between good writers and not-so-good writers - pride in their work :D
Phil

Post by Phil »

My first goal was that I sold one.
I now have brain lock and am trying to come up with an idea. IN the interim I am stalking the public requests. My ultimate goal is to make the person who referred me rich. That would of course have positive side effects for me and CC. :wink: - Phil
Celeste Stewart

Don't worry, Phil, the ideas will start flowing. In the meantime when they aren't, the public requests are definitely an inspiration. There are a few threads in the forum with "article ideas" as well. Go find one of those threads and you''ll be busy for a long time.
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

Phil - Whenever I'm stumped for inspiration, I head to the FAQ section of websites. If people are asking these questions, it must mean they want answers! Now that I think of it, a lot of my articles based on FAQ sections have sold. I might be on to something here . . . :wink:
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Wow! I'm impressed by your productivity! I've been around a couple of months, and had all of 15 articles up till a couple of days ago! June and July were good for sales, but August has been really dull for me...

How much time a day do you spend writing? Are you all also juggling writing with a full-time job? Any tips on how to move faster? Of course, the recently sold list and forums are time stealers, but that's also a great part of the fun...