I got my first offer and I'm freaking excited!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cashwriter

I got my first offer and I'm freaking excited!

Post by cashwriter »

I had an article accepted this morning and 2 1/2 hours later, I got an offer for usage rights! What a thrill! I accepted, so now we'll just have to see if the buyer commits and buys. I'm seriously freaking out and so happy! This is my first ever sale of one of my articles. I'm officially (or will be shortly) a PUBLISHED AUTHOR! LOL Had to share! :mrgreen:
Antonia

Re: I got my first offer and I'm freaking excited!

Post by Antonia »

Wow, that's great! I am happy for you :) May it be the first of many!
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

That's awesome. I had my first article accepted today and I find myself constantly checking the site instead of actually writing my next article. Keep up the good work!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You guys have been bitten by the CC bug :) First sign of infection: constantly checking the CC site. (I still do it).
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Congratulations on your first sale! I'm sure it will be the first of many.

Bonnie
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Speaking of constantly checking the site...yesterday my internet wasn't working for most of the day, and I was having serious withdrawal. When I finally got on, nothing had happened...no new posts, no new offers, and no new sales! I realized that the time I spend obsessively checking the site could probably be better spent writing, so I made a deal with myself this morning: no checking the site until I write and submit 3 new articles! You would not believe how fast I hit that goal...yup, I'm addicted. :)
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Congrats on your first sale! I had mine recently and was so elated I had to call everyone I know and tell them about it. Since then I have been checking in on CC every chance I get but nothing else has happened. I like the idea of refraining until I have written more because I too think I spend more time checking than writing. Self-control is not my forte!

Debbi
cashwriter

Post by cashwriter »

Looks like it was just an offer and not a sale, but I'm not discouraged. I believe in my ability, and I'm looking forward to building quite a stockpile of articles here on CC (which is hopefully constantly being renewed as I sell!)
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

You have the right attitude. I've had several offers that I accepted and the the customer did not actually buy the article. On the other hand, I recently rejected an offer for $30 for full rights (and was starting to doubt whether or not I had done the right thing - after all, a sale is a sale!), when a different customer bought the article for $70 for full rights. I knew I had done the right thing in rejecting the offer! I even accepted one offer but then the customer bought it at the higher price anyway. :o

I haven't written many articles in the last couple of months, but I have still made sales from articles that were written several months ago. This is how CC works and sometimes, it can take a few months to sell an article. Some articles do sell quickly, others will sit for months and give you a very nice surprise if the article is suddenly sold when you had forgotten about the article. Meanwhile, focusing on building on your portfolio is wise. The way to succeed at CC is to regularly write articles on different topics you are interested in. Don't worry, I am sure your first sale will come along soon.

About constantly checking the site - I think that's why it's called CONSTANT content - at least for me. I am constantly checking for sales, forum comments, and more sales! At least that is what the wishful thinking part of me says! Of course, I try to spend at least as much time writing as I do checking, but sometimes it's hard to break the addiction. Even when I haven't written anything new for ages, I still check the site daily for sales! That recently sold list is definitely a drawcard. Maybe if I go back now and refresh the screen, there will be another sale on it... :roll:

Kind regards,

Hayley
cashwriter

Post by cashwriter »

Okay, NOW I made my first sale. Got the offer, and the article was sold within the hour. It was less than I asked for, but the article wasn't one that I loved (it was for a public request a few weeks ago) so I wasn't heartbroken over letting it go for less. Now I can't wait to write some more!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Hooray! I think every sale is something to celebrate, even if it's not for exactly what we priced it at. Keep up the good work!

I am trying to tell as many people as I can about CC. I am lookoing forward to the day when there are so many public requests we can't keep up with them, we're all getting scads of private requests, and buyers are snapping up our "on-spec" articles :)

Debbi