Future CC Writer

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Future CC Writer

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Watch out CC, my 8-year-old is on track (ten more years) to get hooked on CC. She "helped" me write a couple of Wii reviews (most notably Star Wars Legos - her all time favorite) and is full of article ideas. She's a good little writer, too. She thoughtfully suggested the word "fanatic" instead of "fan" because "Star Wars fans are more than just fans, they're crazy for Star Wars!" It was fun having her involved - and she knew the correct spelling for each character (apparently it's Jango Fett, not Jengo Fett).
Lysis

Re: Future CC Writer

Post by Lysis »

Tell that future CC writer that I'm open to be her manager. Tell her she needs to ask mom for a cut of the revenue. ;)
eek

Post by eek »

Cute! Sounds like you have a budding writer - or editor - on your hands.

This past spring when my son (7 years) was home sick for a few days with strep throat, he *helped* me with a few articles. I think I was working on several articles concerning encouraging your kids to read. He had some good ideas, and showed interest in hearing mine, in spite of his fever. Then he wanted to know why I never did any of that stuff with him! :oops: heh heh... "go away, boy, I'm too busy writing about being a wonderful parent." (Actually, he's an excellent reader.)

I love having the kids around in the summer and using them on a consultation basis. Too bad I won't buy them video games - they would have liked to help me review a few for that public request.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Love that "Go away, boy. I'm busy writing about being a wonderful parent." True sometimes!

I finally caved and got the kids a Wii last Christmas. (Mainly because I wanted the Wii Fit). I like it over the other consoles because it's so much more active. Even when my daughter plays Star Wars, she's jumping, running, and wiggling. Plus, she uses the Fit and sports games as much as she does the more traditional video games. She loves jogging on the island with the Miis and their chihuahuas. I actually worry that she's getting too much exercise!
eek

Post by eek »

If I ever caved, I suppose it would be a Wii. But doggone it, I used to play outdoors all summer until I was about 15. (sigh) But I won't rant about that.