Stolen articles for rewrite?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SamanthaGordon

Stolen articles for rewrite?

Post by SamanthaGordon »

Hello All,

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not trying to start panicking people about plagiarized articles but in case any of the writers might be affected I wanted to give a head's up.

I waste some time on mturk when I'm not busy and I came across someone requesting a complete rewrite of a long Forex article for $3.10. It looks like the poster of this article melted two or more separate articles together. It's very obvious that he does not own rights to the article he's posted for a rewrite. I remember a public request for this subject through C-C and I wasn't sure if anyone here might be interested, although I briefly looked through the current Forex articles on C-C and didn't find a direct match.

Obviously this person's ethics are flawed and what he's posted is not right, but from a writer's perspective...I'm watching someone profit from another writer's work, but what can I do?
Lysis

Re: Stolen articles for rewrite?

Post by Lysis »

I'm not familiar with the site you mentioned, but do they have some kind of TOS where you can report the request? I know on Elance, if you can show that the buyer is asking for something that infringes copyright, they will pull the request.