Don't You Wish You'd Thought of That First?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JoHunley

Don't You Wish You'd Thought of That First?

Post by JoHunley »

On my way to the store this morning, the radio had one of those morning talkies discussing the inauguration. Apparently one of them came up with a drinking game 'specially tailored for the situation. I'm telling y'all, it was hysterical and I was kicking myself that I didn't think up such a thing first. Would have made a great humor piece. I'll share the bits I can remember just so everyone else can have a morning funny.

When you hear the words, "majestic", "historic" or "most anticipated inauguration ever", take a drink. Take another every time Ted Kennedy's fall is mentioned.

When you see George Bush check his watch (Hurry up, there's a plate of ribs in Texas with my name on 'em), take a drink.

Every time you see Jesse Jackson looking as if this entire thing was his doing, take a drink.

Every time you see a white guy holding a sign that reads "We shall overcome," take a drink.

Any decent-looking girl with bits showing, screaming as if she were at a rock concert, take a drink.

On the "wish I'd thought of that" line, ever wish you'd thought of something sooner? I've got an ideas list, where I scribble shorthand notes and possible titles for things I'll write when time and further inspiration strikes. One of the ideas was a housing market article, and darned if I didn't spot such a piece in the recently submitted articles. Almost word for word the title I wrote down and everything. Doh! I still plan to write the article, I'll just have to find a good slant to it now. I'm dithering whether to read the article so I know what angle has been used, or not read the article so it doesn't clutter my head with someone else's words and ideas.
Cheanque

Re: Don't You Wish You'd Thought of That First?

Post by Cheanque »

That was hilarious. In a (somewhat) similar vein, I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said, "I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money. You can keep the ' "change" '.

Lots of times I've found myself saying that I could have thought of that. Most times it involves money somebody else made that I didn't.

Could write more, but after the above game I'm to write to drunk.