Hey Ed!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cgardener

Hey Ed!

Post by cgardener »

You've been really rocking on those approvals lately! Thanks for all your hard work!
Ed

Re: Hey Ed!

Post by Ed »

Thanks for that. I have been brain-dead at the end of the day these past few days. CC is in Constant flux - every day a new challenge. With herds of new authors signing up each month, I see spot-on submissions as well as submissions from people who probably haven't looked around the site before submitting, so little changes to the site have made my day. (Have you seen the link to the guidelines directly on the submission form?) You can also be sure that your voices are heard, even the disgruntled ones, so while staff can't fix everything immediately, small problems are being ironed out and suggestions being seriously considered.

Ed
Lor

Post by Lor »

I also want to thank you for your fast reviews. I've been on a roll this week and didn't want to lose momentum. Hope I wasn't greedy with your time. I did a search in the forums to see if there were limits to our daily submissions, but it seems we can just load you up. Poor you.

Lor
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

Nope, didn't see the link to guidelines on the submission form, but that's a great place for it. I hope it helps make your job easier.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Urgh. Didn't see it. Others aren't seeing it either. How can we make it visible? Does it need to flash, buzz, explode?

There is a limit. But it is determined by me at the point at which I can no longer function.
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

Put it in red, on top if possible. It needs to stand out more. But to be honest, the regulars aren't going to notice it, because we are so used to the form, and knowing how to fill it out. Newbies will probably see it.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

How can we make it visible? Does it need to flash, buzz, explode? There is a limit. But it is determined by me at the point at which I can no longer function.

I've gotta remember to stop eating my crackers whilst reading the posties here! :D

Remember Ed, if you live in Ohio, we can never stop functioning!! IF we stop, we'll never escape! :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

It IS in red!

Escape is futile; all our highways will put you to sleep before you get anywhere.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Ha......I have FOILED the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only feets away from Indiana, and NOT via highway!! :D

Lil Amish Buggies will aid me in my escape!! :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

Pack your dramamine.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Done ! Got a good bottle of Tanqueray to wash it down with, as well!! :D
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hey Ed,

You've definitely been rocking on those approvals - over the weekend too. It was a lovely surprise to wake up this morning to find three articles approved, when I wasn't expecting you to be able approve them yet. Thanks for all your hard work - I'm sure I'm not the only author who appreciates what you do and how hard you are working right now!

Kind regards,

Hayley
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Ed,

Sorry to be dumping so many submissions on you all at once, but a public request for hundreds of articles on subjects I know is hard to pass up. Thanks for your time and patience. (Only a couple hundred to go for that request...)
Ed

Post by Ed »

It's nothing I can't handle. I've finaly found my groove again after getting used to this slower, less work-friendly computer, and I still want to hulk out on it once in awhile. (Ed SMASH!) It seems no one is able just to help out in the most obvious way. The screen asks that the disk be inserted, but Sony doesn't provide disks, and everyone wants to go in directly and dismantle my hard drive. Doesn't it make sense to do the most obvious, least invasive procedure FIRST? So I'm searching for a Vista Home Premium disk that I can beg, borrow, or buy from someone. If that doesn't work, then I'll go to the next step. But I've learned before not to snub Occam's razor.

Ed
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

If the CMOS is still reading the hard drive, it stands to reason that it's still working. Now, if it does the same thing after reinstalling the operating system then that may be the problem. Does it have to be Vista to begin with?

Here's where it gets interesting. Do you want a new, higher capacity hard drive? You can get a 500GB notebook drive for around the 120.00 mark http://www.pricewatch.com/hard_removabl ... _500gb.htm

or

A 320GB notebook drive for around 61.00 http://www.pricewatch.com/hard_removabl ... _320gb.htm

Sony didn't send any disks for restoring the system? Even Dell and Toshiba sends the Vista installation disk, and they're cheap bastages.