Made the threshhold!!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lor

Made the threshhold!!

Post by Lor »

Stop laughing. I know some of you who came after me are doing much better and congrats on your success. Thank goodness, I'm patient. I've been submitting like crazy lately thinking there is safety in numbers and it's working. Sold a full rights in the week and two for usage just now. Sorry Ed, but I'm going to try to keep up this pace. I hope I'm writing quality along with the quantity. I do watch the public requests, but lately haven't seen anything that sparks my interest. This doesn't mean I won't respond -- I'm sure I will at some point, but I'm a selfish writer. For the most part, I write what I know -- things off the top of my head. I have to know the subject and enjoy it before I can write about it. I have written articles for others before I came to CC, but ouch they were dull. How much can you say about leather jackets, yellow dresses or facial hair on women. I was overjoyed when I found CC because it allowed me to do my own thing. (I'm rambling. Too much tea this am) But at the same time I'm trying the keep my new content timely. I think I'm on the right track and I'm going to keep it up. Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend (we harvest earlier than our American cousins), so Monday may be a bit shy.

Yay. Thanks CC. Thanks Ed. Thanks everyone for all the tips in the forums. I actually have goals.
Lor
Sorry about all the gushing.
And you know, it's not about the money, although 50 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. If it was a cheque/check, I'd probably frame it. LOL
Nessiee

Re: Made the threshhold!!

Post by Nessiee »

Congrats! That first one always feels so great, doesn't it? Enjoy your thanksgiving - I'll be doing the same :)
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Happy Canadian Turkey Day, eh? :D Congrats on bombing the threshold!! Keep it up!
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks guys. Deborah, you've had great success. How'd you do that? Was it responding to a PR and then getting picked up for private? Well-done.

Happy Thanksgiving back at you Nessiee. I'm in southern Ontario and it looks like we're in for an especially warm holiday. The whole long weekend is perfect for outdoor work, so I may get out there in a bit and find a project. :) I live in an old log house we moved to our land about 25 years ago. It needs constant maintenance. I've got to check the chinking and fill a few woodpecker holes. They think it's a giant tree and we wake with the sound of drilling vibrating through our heads. Bloody things.

Lor (rain)
MediaMaven

Post by MediaMaven »

Congrats Lor! Also, happy Thanksgiving from a fellow Canuck (from the East Coast).
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks MM, and to you.
Lor
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

[Deborah, you've had great success. How'd you do that? Was it responding to a PR and then getting picked up for private? Well-done.]

Exactly. If it tweren't for my Private Req., I'd have about 5 sold, total. I would love to tell you it was my mad writing skillz, however, I'm pretty sure that had very little to do with it, other than the fact that I just kinda went for it, on a whim. There's a splendid quote floating around out in the universe (usually credited to Goethe) about providence. Talks about how if you dream it, do it, and further goes on to mention that once you begin the universe (seriously paraphrased here) falls into step behind you and makes it happen! :) Just a lucky coincidence, right place, right time, right events, starting with finding a review of CC on someone's blog while checking out AC.

Other than that, if I wrote more, and could climb out of this mental puke pit I'm in at the moment, I'd probably start to see more sales. So, like many others here say, just start writing.... it will happen! :)

We've got one woodpecker out here in our gargantuan-ic Oak tree......wily lil tweeter....he flys up into the nether-reaches and out of my grasp! :) You'd think they'd get headaches!
Lor

Post by Lor »

Happenstance is a wonderful thing. Hope you get out of your funk soon.
Lor
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Here's to better living through happy pillz. :) Thanks! :D
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Congratulations Lor on meeting the threshhold. It took me a couple of months to make it the first time too. Since then I have only not made it one month, but as I went on holidays and stopped submitting for a few weeks, I figured that would probably happen. I've already well and truely made the threshhold this month to make up for it, with a first for me - three articles sold on the same day! Woohoo! I agree with you, I only write what I enjoy writing and generally know something about. I must admit I've enjoyed sneaking a peak at some of your articles on the site and enjoy your style. I am sure you will keep selling too. I haven't got any private requests yet and I would love that, but I'll keep hoping that I'll be in the right place at the right time too. Thanks Deb for all your encouragement too!
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks Hayley on both counts. Yer sweet. (I didn't know I had a style. lol)
Congrats back at you. I'm off for a boo at yours now. ;)

Lor