Woo Hoo! First article accepted

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ScottEKelley

Woo Hoo! First article accepted

Post by ScottEKelley »

I submitted an article the other day about what to send to someone who is deployed but messed up on the usage rights that I was selling it for (I have an older version of it at another site). After Ed pointed that out, I fixed my error and re-submitted. It's now for sale! Yay!

He also found a better category for me that I didn't see when I was going through them (Thanks Ed).

I've now submitted another article. It's a fairly technical RF-theory article though so we'll see how well I do this time. I have a few more technical articles to submit but I'll wait to see what Ed thinks before I put them through. Some are simpler than the first one and some are a bunch more complicated. I don't want to start overwhelming him with a bunch of useless crap before I figure out what he would like to see and what sells.
grouchy

Re: Woo Hoo! First article accepted

Post by grouchy »

Congratulations, Scott! I'm chuckling because the first time I read your post, I thought the article was about what to send to someone who is deployed but messed up. I think I need more coffee.

Hope you are doing OK over there.
Marge
ScottEKelley

Post by ScottEKelley »

That's funny Marge. I read things funny like that all the time. My buddy and home and I make a game of it sometimes. That and what people say too.

Could be worse over here. Still losing guys but not as bad as before.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hi Scott - Can you please make sure your article titles are properly capitalized and that you always place your article in a subcategory?

Thanks,
Ed
ScottEKelley

Post by ScottEKelley »

Will do Ed. Sorry for the trouble.

I didn't put one for one that I re-submitted today because I didn't see one that fit (Deploying soon? Here are Some Ideas of What to Bring.) so I put the suggested subcategory as 'Military.' I can delete it and re-submit it if that's not ok.

Is there a list somewhere that shows all the categories and subcategories? I tried to find one but I'm given very limited Internet time.
Ed

Post by Ed »

That's understandable. I can fix the current problems, so there's no need to delete just yet. If you're unsure about the category, you can place the article in "general." I can move the article if there happens to be a better category available. As far as titles go, just remember that every word should be capitalized except for articles (a, an, the) and shorter prepositions. Thanks.