Lets have some fun! Question and Answer time!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

RFHarris

Lets have some fun! Question and Answer time!

Post by RFHarris »

I'm bored. I mean really bored. I could be writing but I'm also procrastinatingly bored. You know how that goes...its like writer's block x laziness = procrastinatingly bored.

Procrasinatingly is NOT a word! But it should be!

Oneness is a word..but twoness is not a word? Strange, eh? The -ness ending shows a state of being or of quality, so things can not have two of something in quality or state of being in their essence? Duality generally means that there is a double meaning, but not relative to the essence or quality of that state of being. However, doubleness and singleness are also words. Go figure!

What other words should be words that are not really words?

I found out that since stupid is an adjective, then stupider and stupidest are superlatives and therefore actually words, however, most editors, esp. at the universities, will not accept these terms..yet they accept dumber and dumbest? Why is that? Stupidly, however, is an actual word that is accepted..so strange!

Why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?

Why did the cookie go to the doctor? Because he was feeling crumbly!
ScottEKelley

Re: Lets have some fun! Question and Answer time!

Post by ScottEKelley »

How about 'Tackyophile' - someone who has a fetish for women who wear their hair too high and too much makeup. I think my brother is one of these.

Formember - When you remember something but then forget it before you say it.

Chuckism - One of the long list of hilarious Chuck Norris Facts.

And a phrase I use when I explain my style of leadership to my soldiers - A 'Democratic Totalitarianism' - Where I tell them, "You guys can figure out what needs to be done and how to do it - until I say differently."
Last edited by ScottEKelley on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

I like "formember." It sounds better than "senior moment."

Thanks.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Closely related to the Tackyophile, is the even less selective Skankophile. :D

My chosen nonword:

Loopies.

n. fits and spasms of glee, as in when our border collie lies on his back, showing all the world his business, and proceeds to kick all four legs up in the air, sometimes even experiencing lift off from the rug, smiling his big ol' toothy grin all the while.

We say he's having some Loopies.

And everytime you say LOOOOOOOPIES!, he does it again.
ScottEKelley

Post by ScottEKelley »

Yes, I believe tackyophilia is related to skankophilia. Tackyophilia is vision-oriented while skankophilia is behavior-oriented. For some men, skankophilia comes about from either lack of game or patience. Tackyophilia, however, can be either genetic or can be brought on by watching too many reruns of 'Mel's Diner.'
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Thusly Skankyophilia turns into Anythingthatmovesyophilia. :)

Eww.
RFHarris

Post by RFHarris »

[quote="ScottEKelley"]How about 'Tackyophile' - someone who has a fetish for women who wear their hair too high and too much makeup. I think my brother is one of these.

Formember - When you remember something but then forget it before you say it.

Chuckism - One of the long list of hilarious Chuck Norris Facts.

And a phrase I use when I explain my style of leadership to my soldiers - A 'Democratic Totalitarianism' - Where I tell them, "You guys can figure out what needs to be done and how to do it - until I say differently."[/quote]

There's a song about that!

I practice democratic totalitarianism frequently, we call it the Rule of Mom. Which is, figure it out yourself until I decide you need instruction....LOL!

I like to say upsappeared instead of disappeared. I know...silly but my oldest boy and middle child said that all the time as babies so it stuck with me.

My oldest son is 13 and oldest daughter 16...since all my kids think I'm insanely crazy and overprotective, I won't have to worry about skankophelia. And if I do, well....I know people. LOL.