Rejection of Sell Your Home With Scents

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Rejection of Sell Your Home With Scents

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hello,

I have submitted this twice and I was quite upset when it was rejected for a second time. I have edited it again and re-submitted it but I have been a writer here for years without many rejections so it was a surprise.

I can understand why the changes were requested but I do think that most of the article is quite clear.

Regards,
Lisa
Ed

Post by Ed »

Lisa,

The standards of our site are constantly increasing. Your article had many instances of awkward/incorrect wording. In the second submit, you did not address any of these issues, but chose to let them stay. Unfortunately, this is no longer okay at CC. Using incorrect word choice not only creates problems with clarity, but also weakens the grammatical integrity of any article. Please strive to revise for accuracy of expression in your revision and seek a higher quality standard for future submissions.

Thanks,
Ed
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Awkward wording

I did revise too quickly and I will try to be more careful in future, but I do think that the rejection notices could be much clearer.

Regards,
Lisa
Ed

Post by Ed »

Authors who write for CC must have a grasp of, and follow, basic language standards. I am unable to identify specifics with every rejection notice, especially when an article exhibits many of the same type of error.

Ed
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Discouraged

It's good that Constant-Content is so fussy about accepting articles but rejections are very discouraging, especially if a writer isn't used to them.