More information please

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Cheryl

More information please

Post by Cheryl »

I had an article rejected this morning on photography saying "Please group related sentences into paragraphs for readability, flow, and organization." They were, at least in my mind. I read through again and changed a couple of what I consider minor things.
I'd like to resubmit, but I think I need more feedback. Thanks...
Cheryl
Ed

Post by Ed »

A couple of your articles recently have had one sentence paragraphs, even though the following sentence or sentences could be grouped together to form a more complete idea. One sentence paragraphs make for jerky reading.

News articles will use one sentence paragraphs, but those sentences are often like bullets - they offer information without going into too much detail. At CC, it's important to write in ways that give clear organization to ideas that are more fully described. This is best done using paragraphs.

If related sentences are separated into paragraphs, the effect is two-fold: the reader doesn't know how the article is organized, and the sentences themselves lack the structure that a paragraph contains - thus creating an article with no paragraphs, only sentences separated with spaces.

Thanks,
Ed
Cheryl

thanks

Post by Cheryl »

I used to be a news reporter and perhaps it shows. Will take another look.
Cheryl
Ed

Post by Ed »

I wondered if you had! Thanks!

Ed