Articles rejected

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lora Jean

Articles rejected

Post by Lora Jean »

I had my first three articles rejected today. One was a poem, I guess I missed the part about CC not accepting them anymore. Sorry!:oops:

I would like to resubmit the other two. They were rejected for formatting. I read the guidelines before submission, and just read them again, but I'm still not sure where I'm going wrong. One of the articles was titled "Black Soldiers in the Civil War: A Brief History of the 54th Massachusetts Regiment". The other was "Tips for Overcoming Writer's Block".

Was it the length of my short summary? My long summary? Was it the font size? I originally used 10 point font to write the article. I have changed it to 12 point, but when I save the article and then reopen it, sometimes it reverts to 10 point. I am using MS Works. Do I need to submit it in text format? I really want to get this right. :?
Cyndy Hardy

Post by Cyndy Hardy »

I just read through some of the recent threads to find an answer for you.

It seems you might find the reason in your rejection email. If you didn't get an email, it's probably delayed -- it happens sometimes. And, I guess you need to save as text if you're using Works.

Hope that helps.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I'm also not sure Works format is accepted. Try using plain text, or .txt, which can be found on your Notepad. Many customers don't mind this because it will be used for HTML so it will be chopped up anyway, and .txt is easier to convert by hand than other formats.

If you are really desiring to provide the .doc format, or Word format that everyone craves, try OpenOffice.org. They have Open Office which has a number of open source and free programs that mimic Microsoft Office programs, and even allow you to save in Microsoft formats, and open and edit Microsoft documents.

I converted over a month ago, submit all of my documents in a .doc format, but every single one of them was made in OpenOffice's Writer program. The only thing is you will need to check for updates every few months, and since nearly every true computer geek loves open source, they are less likely to be susceptible to viruses etc (Many many computer programmers out there simply loathe Microsoft, but that's a completely different subject....). Still, any file you download should be virus scanned by your computer.

Hope that helps. Ed could probably provide more....
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please read the following on accepted file formats:

http://constant-content.com/blog/?p=17

Thanks,
Ed
Lora Jean

Post by Lora Jean »

Thank you Ed, that answers my question! As an aside, shouldn't that information be in the writer's guideline?

Lora
Ed

Post by Ed »

I have put in a request for that.

Thanks,
Ed