Question on submitting a corrected article

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

emptynestmom

Question on submitting a corrected article

Post by emptynestmom »

I am a new author. I have just tried to submit a rejected article that I had corrected. When doing so, I clicked the "edit" button on the "My Content" page; I then made changes. I did not know whether I was supposed to make changes in all boxes and resubmit or make changes in top boxes then just reattach the corrected, new article. Since I was not sure, I corrected all boxes and reattached the corrected article. I found instructions in the FAQ section; however, it was not clear where it said to make changes but it did say to attach a new article. Can someone please advise? Thank you in advance for your help!
Lysis

Re: Question on submitting a corrected article

Post by Lysis »

It's a little confusing.

You make corrections in the editor and then click "Save Changes." AFTER you click save changes, you then click the resubmit button. You don't have to attach anything. The system auto-attaches a doc for the editor and customer.

Go back and check the article. Hopefully it isn't too many changes, because I think you might have lost them. Before the editor gets to it, go back and make the changes and click save changes. If the editor hasn't gotten to the article yet, the changes will save for the editor.
emptynestmom

Post by emptynestmom »

That helps. Thank you for your help!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

No problem. I think it's confusing and I've been through the dumb mistake of clicking resubmit only to have the editor write me back and tell me no changes were made.

There is probably some technical reason they do it this way, so we just gotta work with what we got.