Edits NOT Saving Issue

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ReneeF

Edits NOT Saving Issue

Post by ReneeF »

I have a huge problem. I keep getting rejects for issues I know I fixed. so once again I'm on the third reject of yet another article when I realized something, when I copy and paste the EDITED document, the UNEDITED version pastes in. EVEN when I delete it entirely. and this is an issue with Open Office because I can copy the edited version a dozen times and paste it into any other program, even note pad or Google docs, and the unedited version is pasted..

1. if I make changes in open office and hit save/dont it save the document reverts to the pre-edited version within 5 minutes
2. if I make edits in notepad the same issue happens.
if i make edits in google docs the same issue happens
4. if I make the edits directly within the CC submission form and HIT SAVE (not submit) the article reverts AGAIN!

If I dont hit save, it reverts on its own, if i do hit save it reverts on its own, if i hit save and close and go back in it reverts anyway. it doenst matter where i do these edits (google docs, open office, notepad, CC editor) the article reverts to pre-article changes within five minutes.

I have had all my rejects come back a third time telling me I didnt fix the article.. guess what, I did.. and I have had notations that I am on the verge of being purged due to error ridden work..

and I am soo frustrated and scared and I am sure the editors pissed at me too.

I am doing a scan, cookies clean, and virus sweep, but i've have this issue in the past and am not sure what is wrong, I thought it was a problem with my laptop, but i am on a new desktop now, so it cant be that.

:::cries uncontrollably:::

Edited to say, yes I am hitting save we can change one word in one sentence anywhere and hit the SAVE (not submit button) and it reverts back. but not all edits revert back just SOME edits ::insert groan:: and it is hapening someteims immediately and soemtime after closing out of the document AFTER HITTING SAVE. My computer tech certified husband has sat here baffled at changing one word in the first sentence of a document and watching it revert back in front of our eyes sometimes 5 minutes later after hitting save or closing out and reopening.
Abbamay

Re: Edits NOT Saving Issue

Post by Abbamay »

I am SO sorry for you, Renee! That is unbelievable. Have you emailed the editors to tell them what you've told us so that they know you are trying? We don't want you 'purged' from the system! :(

Keep us updated - wish I could help.

Abba
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I know this will take time to do, but could you not copy and paste the article into a new document, make the edits, and then save it? It may be a problem with the file itself.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

That is ummm a weird issue. How frustrating. It's almost like someone is trolling. lol

I think the new doc idea is a good one but you say it happens in the editor too?
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

LauraGinn wrote:I know this will take time to do, but could you not copy and paste the article into a new document, make the edits, and then save it? It may be a problem with the file itself.
It happens occassionally and we opened up completly new documents, wrote in them, changed what we wrote, and the changes still reverted after saving. we tried within the editor ON Cc, Google docs, note pad, and Open office. it was happening with about 5 articles at CC. it seemed to have cleared up, but I had the issue on two other computers and even in word perfect and MS office a long time ago.