Rejection(first article) + account permanently suspended

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

thehanmore

Rejection(first article) + account permanently suspended

Post by thehanmore »

Greetings all,

I am looking to get some feedback, and perhaps find some answers as to what has happened.

I recently succeeded in joining Constant Content's writers pool and got to work immediately. After having submitted my first article, I decided not to wait for the first to be reviewed, enthusiastic to start making ground I proceeded to write my second article.

Whilst waiting for my submissions to be reviewed, I received an email regarding the second article with what appears to be a somewhat generic explanation regarding incorrect grammar. (below)
We do not accept content with grammar errors, sentence structure errors, problems with capitalization, absence of necessary commas, or other errors. Your submissions do not meet our requirements. Your account has been suspended. We will consider no more of your work.
Then, attempting to log into my account to take stock I discover the following, with no further explanation via email.
You account has been permanently suspended.

Please check your inbox for an email outlining the reason for the suspension. Thank you for contributing to Constant Content and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors
I am curious if my grammar was indeed so poor as to warrant permanent suspension, without a single attempt to correct or adjust my content accordingly?

The only other thing that comes to mind is there was perhaps some misunderstanding of the article that was rejected, or that an automated script may have flagged it for "classism" - as I made reference to these perpetuated stereotypes in my title "Social Engineering: Not just for hackers and misfits" despite the fact that the article itself was designed to address and dismiss any negative class-typing and indicate the real life beneficial outcomes of Social Engineering in business and social life.

I have twice since checked through the detailed writer submission guidelines and from what I can see I have not broken any explicit rules and most certainly nothing which states it will result in immediate and permanent suspension.

I have been excited by the prospect of publishing work via Constant Content and I would like to hopefully rectify this situation, or at very least understand what has transpired.
thehanmore

Re: Rejection(first article) + account permanently suspended

Post by thehanmore »

<bump> could I please have some feedback on this matter? I came to CC with the best of recommendations from a friend and established writer; told how professional the staff of Constant Content were, and put quite simply this treatment and behaviour has been entirely unprofessional.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

The editors have become rigid and unforgiving as of lately. There are many theories in the forums as to why. dont fret.

Right now I have articles getting rejected for a client request because they weren't submitted close to deadline. I've been here two years and the reject reasons have seemed to be more vague than ever.

For now, do what I do, don't rely on your judgement alone. Go to the online program "After the Deadline" and use the free trial online. Have it analyze your work. Perhaps you missed a few possessives, comas, or hyphens. Or perhaps there were awkward or wordy portions of your work. Further, read and fully digest the suggestions found on the Constant Content blog regarding articles rules, grammar, wording, punctuation, and the like. Then, when you are confident that your article has been gone over with a fine-toothed comb a few dozen times, send an appeal via email. It may take a couple of tries before it goes through.

http://www.polishmywriting.com/ (after the deadline free demo)

https://www.constant-content.com/blog/
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Ouch. Grammar errors are harsh for a suspension.

But, it's hard to say without seeing the content.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

That seems pretty harsh. By the look of your forum post, your writing looks really good to me.

I've stopped adding new articles here for a while until the editors are a bit less burned out. If there is a way to appeal, I would try and do so. The editors don't seem to comment on these forums, so I don't think you will receive a reply on here.