Three rejections and you're out?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Miranda

Three rejections and you're out?

Post by Miranda »

Hi everyone!

I'm a new writer here and so far I'm very happy and impressed with the way things run and the contentment most other writers here seem to express.

So I really want to stay and get things right. Hence this question. I've been studying the writer's guidelines and I bought a copy of Celeste's eBook to get off to a good start.

I have so far submitted five articles. Three were accepted on the first submission and two were rejected, one on grounds of wordiness and the other on comma use. I've revised and resubmitted the first one and I'm carefully studying comma use now before revising the second.

However, I heard somewhere that if you get three rejected articles then your account will be suspended. Is that true? Or so long as I am making the effort to learn and always rewriting carefully before resubmitting, will I be allowed to stay?

I do hope so.

Clarification/reassurance would be most welcome.
LauraGinn

Re: Three rejections and you're out?

Post by LauraGinn »

I think you'll find that the 'three rejections and you're out' rule is Constant Content's way of blocking authors that can't write to a high enough quality. If you're able to show that you know what you're doing, and are able to write quality articles, you shouldn't have a problem. I have had way more than three rejections (I'm probably the rejection queen on this site) because I struggle with comma usage, but I have gone on to have over 200 live articles as well. If you make sure to read through the guidelines, and show you are making an effort to improve on your mistakes, I think you will be fine.
Miranda

Re: Three rejections and you're out?

Post by Miranda »

Thanks Laura!

I'll be really careful to try and always submit perfect copy but it is reassuring to know that there is a little room for learning if I can prove that I am both capable and genuinely working to improve.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

:)