Rewriting an article after three rejections and purge

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

timnig64

Rewriting an article after three rejections and purge

Post by timnig64 »

Hi,

I had a notification today on my article "Santorini: Island of the Gods" that said I'd had too many rejections and the article had been purged from the system. I can understand the editors making this decision, but I would like to know if its now acceptable for me to completely rewrite the article and submit it as a brand new piece? I think I know where I went wrong as my writing is naturally wordy, and believe I can rewrite the article to a more acceptable standard but I don't want to risk a suspension! Can anybody please advise?
Abbamay

Re: Rewriting an article after three rejections and purge

Post by Abbamay »

Hi timnig64,

That happened to me once when I sent in a blank document without the article in it (don't know how!) after changing an error in the text. I think the wording "purged from the system" is quite dramatic and I was worried that I would get in trouble if I submitted it again. I changed the title slightly, submitted the article properly and it was accepted without any problems.

I think if you want to rewrite your article to make it more concise, you could change your title a bit and submit it again. That's what I'd do anyway. Just proof read it carefully to see if you think you've ironed out any problems first.

Good luck.

Abba May