Rejection 'we accept only completely original content'

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gaia

Rejection 'we accept only completely original content'

Post by gaia »

Hi

I have just had my article rejected, for the above reason, but I am not clear what you mean - was it because I used some content from a previous article (of mine) or are you saying I have plagiarised material?

The article was entitled 'Preparing Your CV for Jobs in Sustainable Energy'

Thanks

Gaia
Lysis

Re: Rejection 'we accept only completely original content'

Post by Lysis »

Wouldn't you know if it's from your own article or copied off of someone? Do they really need to tell you that?

ETA: This usually comes with the banhammer if you plagiarized. If you're not banhammered, then they probably think you published this somewhere else.
gaia

Post by gaia »

Hi Lysis

Yes, some parts of it were a rehashed version of a more general CV piece I have previously written and sold through the site - I thought it was OK to do this, that's why I'm trying to clarify whether this was the reason it was rejected?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Well, if they didn't banhammer you, they know you wrote the original. I've written on the same topic a few times. You just have to approach it as a new article instead of rewriting sentences and you won't have any problems.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks for the word 'banhammer', Lysis: I haven't heard it before! It's a nice word.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

lol no problem.
VickiP

Post by VickiP »

Hi. My first submission was just rejected for not being original and having too many quotes (I quoted the Bible too much to validate points in a Christian article, but now I know about the percent of quotes rule). I thought when submitting an article for use only, we could use it; now I'm clear on that too.

My question is this, though: I have one article in particular that I really like at Yahoo Voices, which will be removed from their site once it closes on July 31st. It is not published elsewhere and full rights will be mine once again. Can I submit that here after the 31st? I don't want to try and write another article on the same topic, as I have others written on it already (when it comes to certain video games, I like writing a lot about them). This is a unique article from those others, however, and it will no longer be published anywhere; in addition, I will update it.

Thank you! Vicki
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

You have to watch for scrapers. It's best to submit it as use so the eds can see your name. And no, once they remove it the article isn't back to "original" again. It's still "used" so it has to be set as usage.

I knew the Yahoo Voices people were gonna flood this place.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:You have to watch for scrapers. It's best to submit it as use so the eds can see your name. And no, once they remove it the article isn't back to "original" again. It's still "used" so it has to be set as usage.

I knew the Yahoo Voices people were gonna flood this place.

I have some up there, really glad to have it all back.. not that i'm planning on using it anywhere.. its so old i shudder at the quality i submitted 10 years ago.. They stopped paying commissions about 2 years ago, I was earning around $4 a month, so they were losing money, obviously.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

So much for 2 day turnarounds. Yahoo Voices junk is clogging up my review times. Dammit.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:So much for 2 day turnarounds. Yahoo Voices junk is clogging up my review times. Dammit.
this is quite irksome. It is making everything go so slow. I certainly hope they ban yahoo content. go post that stuff on your blogs people, thats about all it is good for.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The yahoo thing is posted on blackhatworld. There was a system that the jokers on that forum were using to slam Yahoo with content. Spinning junk etc etc. I'm assuming CC is getting slammed with these articles because CC was posted as an alternative.

I would bet that people are slamming the site with hundreds of uploads.
PaulMaplesden

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Yes, I've currently got 17 articles waiting for review; it will be interesting when I do an inventory count in a couple of weeks to see how much the inventory has grown (or not).
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

PaulMaplesden wrote:Yes, I've currently got 17 articles waiting for review; it will be interesting when I do an inventory count in a couple of weeks to see how much the inventory has grown (or not).
I had 19 waiting as of Friday and now have 12 waiting as of today. Was hoping for stuff to sell by today, but thats looking very unlikely.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:The yahoo thing is posted on blackhatworld. There was a system that the jokers on that forum were using to slam Yahoo with content. Spinning junk etc etc. I'm assuming CC is getting slammed with these articles because CC was posted as an alternative.

I would bet that people are slamming the site with hundreds of uploads.

UGH, this is beyond frustration. but it is because almost all venues have closed down. I used to keep a list to give people for places they can submit for upfront or commission pay, and that list is down form 100 to three. glad to see Google is finally doing what it takes to clear the internet of black-hatters and spammers. just hate the process the rest of us have to go through.