Where are the comments?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mcbrown

Where are the comments?

Post by mcbrown »

I just submitted my first article and it was quickly rejected. The only comment in the message I received said, "See note next to text. Thanks!" So I went to My Content and clicked Edit and looked at the article. I could not see any comments anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong place? Where do the editors put their comments? I feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!
ReneeF

Re: Where are the comments?

Post by ReneeF »

There used to be comments next to the articles, but since they did the upograde, I think something is borken. I have received several stating there were comments and when i sent a reply, they simply emphatically told me to read the comments next to the article. There still were none. Like I said, I have not seen the side-bar-article comments showing up since they upgraded the system.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Also make sure you scroll down the article. If the note is at the end of the article, it shows up when you scroll down.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

I've scrolled and clicked ad nausium. no comments. Like i said, I used to get text-side comments all the time. It made it easier to find what the eds were talking about. havnt seen a single one since the new submission form install. :roll:
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

Maybe try a different browser?
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Yup, did that.. even a different computer.. cleared cookies and cache.. married to a computer tech and he couldnt think of any other options either.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Damn, that's frustrating. I'm out of ideas. :(
jak

Post by jak »

Assume you did try scrolling to the right. That's how I found mine (thanks to a helpful email from Eric at Support), but it was quite a while ago.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Yes, I know where they are, how to get to them and what they look like. I received quite a few before the update and none after and I am assuming that this is the same issue the orginal poster is having without realizing it. :lol:
TracyEnright

Post by TracyEnright »

I had the same problem this week. I could only see the comments on one article out of three. I think by the end of it both the editors and I were getting very frustrated with it all, to the extent that they told be not to resubmit the articles.

This is not a good week for me writing-wise.

Oh, well. Take a deep breath and battle on...

Tracy :(