Capitalization question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

silvia

Capitalization question

Post by silvia »

I have just had an article rejected because of misuse of capitalization. The default capitalization on the title changed my version of:
'The Reluctant Projector – the fears of those who experience involuntary astral projection and how to help them' into 'The Reluctant Projector – the Fears of Those Who Experience Involuntary Astral Projection and How to Help Them.- which does seem to me to be over-capitalized However, I left it as it was the default suggestion. Alternatively, maybe the editors want the terms voluntary astral projection and involuntary astral projection capitalized. I just don't know. I have asked for an explanation but understand that they may not get back to me so any ideas would be welcomed. I want to resubmit as soon as possibly but don't want to have it sent back another time as I have read on the forum that repeated rejections end up with an account being suspended. Thanks
Abbamay

Re: Capitalization question

Post by Abbamay »

Try this link to find out how to use capitals in titles. : http://rattigan.hubpages.com/hub/Title- ... -in-Titles

Good luck.
evaku

Post by evaku »

Hmm, yes it does seem like too much capitalization, but since it is a title, I would consider all of that correct, EXCEPT I would have unclicked the automatic capitalization box and capitalized "The" as well. I had a title a while ago that was similar and the capitalizer wanted "the" to begin with a lower case but I changed it myself and had no trouble.

But I honestly don't know if that was their only issue. Strange that they didn't say!
jak

Post by jak »

I would have thought if they were referring to the title they would have said so. I suppose you have checked through the article for any stray capitals.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Like Jak said, maybe its refers to one small mistake within the article. I got a two sentence rejection about misuse of capitols (in about a 200 word rejection "essay" only to find one errant capitalized first word of a sentence and no other errant capitals or forgotten capitals. When I resubmitted (after fixing very minor other issues) it was accepted right away without comment. :oops: