How to Delete Unwanted Border Lines in MS Word - Rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AndreaGreen

How to Delete Unwanted Border Lines in MS Word - Rejection

Post by AndreaGreen »

Hi,

Today I submitted my first article, called "How to Delete Unwanted Border Lines in MS Word and Never Let Them Bug You Again", which has been rejected because of wrong comma use. The exact message received from the editors is:

We have reviewed your content, "How to Delete Unwanted Border Lines in MS Word and Never Let Them Bug You Again." Unfortunately, we can no longer consider this article for approval. Please do not resubmit.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

This article is missing commas necessary for clarity or includes commas that are misplaced.

Please observe rules for comma usage and apply these rules consistently.

After rereading my article, I can see that I did have some misplaced commas - so no objection in this regard. It was my fault. What I don't understand is why I am not allowed to just fix these errors and resubmit the article. There was nothing about the topic/content of the article in the rejection email (just the comma issue), so I guess that was alright.

I am new here and I don't fully understand the rules, but it seems such a shame to have an article I've put a lot of effort into go to waste just because of misplaced commas (which I could easily fix).
Lysis

Re: How to Delete Unwanted Border Lines in MS Word - Rejecti

Post by Lysis »

That's weird. Has it been rejected multiple times?

That's the only thing I can think of if the only thing wrong is commas.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Hallo the only thing I can think of is scrolling to the right beside the long summary of your submission. A post on another thread suggests that comments may be hidden there. If not, it's a bit of a judgment call between resubmitting or maybe emailing the ed. There's a risk of banning involved in resubmitting the content. Emailing the ed is risk-free, but you may not get a reply. I would do that (email ed) and work on another article in the meantime. I think! You could always post the article here for comments but be prepared for a lot of constructive criticism if you do. I think people quite enjoy dissecting articles!
All the best.
AndreaGreen

Post by AndreaGreen »

Lysis wrote:That's weird. Has it been rejected multiple times?

That's the only thing I can think of if the only thing wrong is commas.
No, it was the first (and only) time I submitted it. That's why I'm so confused.
AndreaGreen

Post by AndreaGreen »

Isabelnewth wrote:Hallo the only thing I can think of is scrolling to the right beside the long summary of your submission. A post on another thread suggests that comments may be hidden there. If not, it's a bit of a judgment call between resubmitting or maybe emailing the ed. There's a risk of banning involved in resubmitting the content. Emailing the ed is risk-free, but you may not get a reply. I would do that (email ed) and work on another article in the meantime. I think! You could always post the article here for comments but be prepared for a lot of constructive criticism if you do. I think people quite enjoy dissecting articles!
All the best.
Thanks for the tips! I couldn't find any notes anywhere, so I guess I'll try to contact the editor. Thanks again!