just a form response?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gators18

just a form response?

Post by gators18 »

Please professionally format your articles in 12 pt. Times New Roman or Arial black font with single spaced paragraphs and a double space between paragraphs. A full space between paragraphs helps the reader to determine where one paragraph ends and another begins. You should also observe this formatting rule for the content details section of the submission form.
I had my font screwed up. I don't see anything wrong with the spacing though. Is the rest of the message just a standard form response or is there something else I need to figure out?
Lysis

Re: just a form response?

Post by Lysis »

I believe the Word default is 1.5 lines instead of 1.0. I always have to change it when I write for CC.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I also find that when you transfer the article to the preview section by copy and paste, all paragraph spacing vanishes, so that it has to be redone on the submission form. It's then easy to miss one or two of the paragraph breaks, particularly when the old para ends at the end of a line. I once had an article rejected for missing one break on the preview, so that it didn't quite match the article.

If anyone knows a way to transfer an article to to the preview section without losing paras, do please tell!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Isabelnewth wrote:I also find that when you transfer the article to the preview section by copy and paste, all paragraph spacing vanishes, so that it has to be redone on the submission form. It's then easy to miss one or two of the paragraph breaks, particularly when the old para ends at the end of a line. I once had an article rejected for missing one break on the preview, so that it didn't quite match the article.

If anyone knows a way to transfer an article to to the preview section without losing paras, do please tell!
Yeah, I have that problem too. Got a rejection for it too once. I don't think they used to require it if I remember correctly, but a few things changed here since I last took a hiatus, which was May of last year. I *think* if you change the formatting in Word to where you have to hit the Enter key twice between paragraphs, it translates over to the text box in the CC form. I think I accidentally discovered that when I was trying to mess with the quote feature. I would rather just click Enter once between paragraphs while writing, so I never made it a permanent change for myself.