Who Do I Contact about an Invalid Rejection?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EyeofHorus

Who Do I Contact about an Invalid Rejection?

Post by EyeofHorus »

All,

I wrote an article for Constant Content and at the end, I wrote questions for the teacher to ask regarding the lesson. Here was Constant Content's response:

We have reviewed your content, "How to Teach Children about God." Unfortunately, this article requires revision before we can accept it.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

"Ask the students to provide examples to a few questions, for discussion:
1) 1) Do you love and respect yourself as made in God's image?
2) 2) Do you show respect for your parents, friends and family as God's creations?
3) 3) How do you show respect for the earth, the animals and people you don't know?
4) 4) How we can show more respect for ourselves, God and all the people and things He has provided for us, to love in the world?" --awkward numbering.
================================================
The original document I submitted did not have duplicate numbers. These numbers had
to be put there by the editors. Besides, the phrase "awkward numbering" is inapplicable
here.

Nice try.

So I have a few questions:
1) What does the revision mean?
2) Can Constant Content sell my work to the buyer, without my knowledge?
3) Why is there no phone number to reach someone about any aspect of working
for Constant Content?
4) Why did Constant Content ignore my e-mail?
5) Why can't I see the e-mail I sent, in my folder?
6) What is your fax number and snail mail address?

I put a good amount of work into the article and to have it invalidly rejected is unprofessional, disrespectful
and could boarder on cheating someone out of their work. In fact, if I don't hear from someone about this, I'll be posting the article, the comment and my experience on complaint sites.

I've been cheated out of my work before, but this time you may rest ASSURED I will do something about it.

Truly,
Eye of Horus
stelle

Re: Who Do I Contact about an Invalid Rejection?

Post by stelle »

If that's the only editorial note...then why not just fix the numbers and resubmit it? I'm not sure what "awkward numbering" means, so I'd probably just get rid of the numbers altogether and leave it as a list of questions to ask.

Your account hasn't been suspended. You've just had an article bounced back to you for revision. It happens all the time. I think that you're making this into a much bigger deal than it has to be. I have to admit that I smiled at the thought of editors purposefully adding in numbers just so that they could reject your article. There may just have been a glitch. I know that I've had extra lines inserted into my work - lines that i was SURE weren't there when I first submitted - and had to fix and resubmit my article. Mildly annoying? OK, yeah. A conspiracy of editors out to get me? Unlikely.

CC's editorial process is different from other places. They expect perfection. They won't correct your work - even if it's something as simple as deleting extra numbers. They'll flag it, send it back, and wait for you to resubmit. It takes some getting used to, so give yourself some time to settle in.

There are people who have been writing here for years. CC is a legit site. They won't scam you, steal your work or secretly sell it from beneath you.

Take a deep breath, make the changes and resubmit.

Good luck!
Constant

Post by Constant »

I just re-checked the file you gave us, and the duplicate numbers are in there. All you'd need to do is remove the numbers and resubmit the article. The editors don't add or change anything to files we're given, so I'm not sure exactly how the duplicate numbers got there, but it's totally possible there was a glitch with your word processor or the site's submission system. Nevertheless, it should be a small correction and then we can send your work to the client.

To address a few of your other questions:

2) No. You own all rights to your content until you sell it to a customer, which you're immediately notified of via email and paid for in the following payment cycle. You're also free to take your content off Constant Content at anytime as you do own the rights to it.

3) Writer support is mostly handled via email at this time. Please shoot us a message off the Contact Us page and we'll get back to you asap.

4) Not sure with this one. We try to respond to all emails within 24 hours, but sometimes things do get lost or don't get delivered to us. Please feel free to email again and I'll watch out for it.

5) Do you mean a message that you sent through the site's messaging system?

6) You can find our mail address on the Contact Us page - https://www.constant-content.com/area/contact.htm
EyeofHorus

Post by EyeofHorus »

Constant Content:

It'd be a good idea to check for glitches on your end. I tried resubmitting the file, but when I did I got the message :
"Uh Oh, This Submission is Not Complete This Title is Already Registered!"

Since it's my first article and I wouldn't claim to know where to find information on re-submitting a file, I am in clueless as time ticks away and the client waits. I guess this is what Stelle meant by "perfection."

So, since I'm not perfect I must ask: Just how DO I resubmit a file?

Also, in response to you:

3) Writer support is mostly handled via email at this time. Please shoot us a message off the Contact Us page and we'll get back to you asap.

I sent an e-mail about three days after I didn't get a response to the article I submitted. No glitch here, because I made a copy of it.

4) Not sure with this one. We try to respond to all emails within 24 hours, but sometimes things do get lost or don't get delivered to us. Please feel free to email again and I'll watch out for it.

Yeah, as I explained above, that just seems to be another glitch. Is there another e-mail you have, that I can resubmit my email to, also?

5) Do you mean a message that you sent through the site's messaging system?

Yes, as explained above. Same Bat email. Same Bat messaging system.

6) You can find our mail address on the Contact Us page - https://www.constant-content.com/area/contact.htm[/quote]

Does a fax or phone number come with that mail address? Thanks.
Last edited by EyeofHorus on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
EyeofHorus

Post by EyeofHorus »

Hi Stelle,

In response to you:

"If that's the only editorial note...then why not just fix the numbers and resubmit it? I'm not sure what "awkward numbering" means, so I'd probably just get rid of the numbers altogether and leave it as a list of questions to ask."

You're right. I'm not sure what "awkward numbering" means either. So why would an "editor" write that? Seems
no one has an answer. So rather than take the time to tell me what happened via email, just wait over 3 days and send it back with an invalid comment?

If I may ask, is that a "solution"?

Is that "expect [ing] perfection"?

Is this about what you, or I would do--or, is it about determining the most efficient and effective way to work and
communicate among professionals, to get the job done?

I don't know about you, but I'm here to work, but to do it I need concrete guidelines and clear information.

Is it incorrect to expect that?

I also don't know you or anyone else on this site. All I know is that this is the Internet, where scams are committed
daily.

I'll keep your favorable report of CC in mind, though. Thanks so much for your help.

Good luck!