"The Various Health Benefits of Coconut" - account suspended

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SalmanRvF

"The Various Health Benefits of Coconut" - account suspended

Post by SalmanRvF »

Article Topic: "The Various Health Benefits of Coconut"

This was the first review I got, and then I see that my account has been suspended when I try to login.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

We do not accept content with grammar errors, capitalization errors, or other errors. Your submissions do not meet our requirements. Your account has been suspended. We will consider no more of your work.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Code: Select all

Coconut is one of the most loved fruits worldwide. It’s refreshing, healthy, delicious and economical. Grown on Palm trees, it is distributed wildly around the planet; it is grown on all continents except Antarctica. The tree is said to have originated around India or South America, and its prevalence in these regions is seen even today. Most of the people residing on islands or nearby coastal regions have coconut as part of their staple diet. Every part of a coconut, be it its water, oil, flesh or coir, finds its use in either culinary or non-culinary purposes. Indeed, the coconut tree finds such varied uses that the Philippines have labeled it as the “tree of life”.

Almost every part of a coconut might be used for some culinary purpose or the other. Coconut water is used as a refreshing drink, and as an energy drink for sports. Coconut oil is used for cooking, especially frying. The fleshy part of coconut is used either fresh or dried (kopra) for cooking purposes. Desiccated coconut (coconut milk) is used when cooking curries or other thick gravies. Coconut flour, coconut chips and coconut butter are some of the other culinary versions of coconut. There are also a few chocolate bars which use dried coconut as their filling.

The health benefits of coconut are many. It doesn’t matter whether you are eating the fleshy coconut meat, using its oil for cooking purposes, drinking its water for refreshment, or using it as an ingredient while cooking. All parts of coconut are healthy and full of nutrition, and help you combat a variety of ailments. 

Did I plagiarise? Or just too many grammar errors? I don't know, three of my articles were accepted previously. I was so looking to work here.

What do I do now? Is there any way my account can be brought back to life?

What happens to my other articles? Are they purged from the system as well?
Last edited by SalmanRvF on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SJHillman

Re: My account has been permanently suspended, details insid

Post by SJHillman »

Although it's not perhaps the cleanest article I've seen, I don't see any glaring errors on the level that editors normally suspend accounts for.

As for your other articles, an account suspension means that are no longer listed as for sale but you will be paid at the next normal payment period if you have any balance on your account.
SalmanRvF

Re: My account has been permanently suspended, details insid

Post by SalmanRvF »

SJHillman wrote:Although it's not perhaps the cleanest article I've seen, I don't see any glaring errors on the level that editors normally suspend accounts for.

As for your other articles, an account suspension means that are no longer listed as for sale but you will be paid at the next normal payment period if you have any balance on your account.
So, my account is permanently suspended now? No way I can challenge that? Or even try to rectify my mistakes and get back in the game?

I feel so disappointed now, especially when this was the first review to this article. Any ideas on what I can do?

Edit: I've written them a mail explaining my situation. I hope to see a reply soon. Do Constant Content editors reply to us here on the forum?
stelle

Re: "The Various Health Benefits of Coconut" - account suspe

Post by stelle »

That does seem bizarre. I don't understand why they wouldn't have offered you the chance to clean it up and resubmit it. Maybe it was a mistake? Please let us know when they get back to you! I'm very curious!
SalmanRvF

Re: "The Various Health Benefits of Coconut" - account suspe

Post by SalmanRvF »

stelle wrote:That does seem bizarre. I don't understand why they wouldn't have offered you the chance to clean it up and resubmit it. Maybe it was a mistake? Please let us know when they get back to you! I'm very curious!
Even I'm thinking the same. It was the first review I received for this article, and then my account is suspended. No specifics on what's wrong with the article. Could it be my writing style? Do CC suspend writers for their writing style?