Now I'm paranoid...

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SmKay

Now I'm paranoid...

Post by SmKay »

My first article was accepted fairly quickly and sold that very day. I couldn't have been more excited. I submitted a new article shortly afterward and this morning saw that it had been rejected. No big deal, the feedback was detailed and there were just a couple things. I made those changes and resubmitted. The article came back again, this time with a new revision request for a different error that I guess they didn't catch the first time. So, I made the change and resubmitted. I ended up checking out the rejection questions postings and after reading through them I am terrified that my account is going to be suspended. The article hasn't been reviewed yet and I feel like I should just delete it before it gets rejected again and my account gets suspended! Ack, I know I am being paranoid, but this site seems like a great opportunity and I don't want to fail.
evaku

Re: Now I'm paranoid...

Post by evaku »

It's probably not that they didn't catch the error the first time, it's just that when they see an error they stop reading, so you have to make sure there aren't any more. You shouldn't be too worried unless these are really big issues, like that you're just being completely incomprehensible. It if was just minor spelling or grammar things you should be alright though. I know how you feel! When I first started I had an article rejected twice before being accepted. If it was rejected three times I may have shelved it for a while and begun careful work on another one. But like I said, if these aren't major issues and you show that you can follow their instructions then you shouldn't be too worried, just make sure you checked the rest of it again, as, like I said, after they spot one error they probably stop reading.