Rejection Comments

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

diversebydesign

Rejection Comments

Post by diversebydesign »

Hi all,

I was just wondering.. I have had a couple articles rejected of late and as I scroll through the comments I found one that just throws me a bit. I wrote an article about Doomsday Preppers. The article was based around being prepared overall and testing your preparedness. This is a topic, I believe, that all "preppers" should never underestimate. Your level of overall preparedness can greatly affect your ability to survive.

Anyway.. I thought the article was good. Not mind blowing but it served its purpose. It was rejected and the only comment I received was "case in point, Moore, OK".

So what does that mean? No corrections pointed out.. nothing. Am I supposed to assume that the article was no good because a massive tornado ripped through a town around the same time that I filled a request for an article? I'm lost.

Thanks.
csjwilkinson

Re: Rejection Comments

Post by csjwilkinson »

What is the context of that quote?
diversebydesign

What is the context? Not sure what you mean because that is all there was. That quote was the entire comment. And like I said, the article was all about a prepper and their need to test their plans, take inventory of their stock, etc.. basically being prepared. So then it gets rejected (which I was surprised by) and I get that comment.
evaku

Post by evaku »

That's strange... did you mention Moore, OK anywhere in the article?
diversebydesign

evaku wrote:That's strange... did you mention Moore, OK anywhere in the article?

Nope. And I did not even really mention tornadoes. I brought up natural disasters as one of the many "events" that preppers are preparing for but that should be common knowledge and therefore fine to be in the article. I just don't get it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but do staffers of Constant Content review the article before being submitted to the next step which I would assume would be the client who is actually paying for the work? I just do not get this. One more question. Am I missing anything by way of what can be done or reviewed after our articles are reviewed? What I mean is when you are looking at the list of your work and you see what has been sold/rejected/etc.. and you click "edit" so that you can review whatever comments are left by the CC reviewer, are there any other ways or places that we can see what was said about our article? Is there anything else to see or am I seeing it all by looking at the reviewer comments on that page?

Thanks!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I think it must be one of the occasions when the editors reject on the grounds of substantive meaning. Was it perhaps something that they could have seen as over-optimistic? It's impossible to say without seeing the article really, and the comment is not clear.

I am not sure personally whether those rejections are more or less painful than the ones based on blooming commas.

Yes, I think the editors look at things first, then after approval, submit them to the request or to the general catalogue where they can be seen by potential buyers. I don't know of anywhere else that you can see the ed's remarks, except you generally get an email headed with the dreaded 'your article has been reviewed' which includes those same comments at the bottom.
diversebydesign

Thanks for the reply! I agree with your assumptions about the possible reasons for my recent rejection comments. Oh well.. guess I will have to chalk it up to "reviewer having a bad day"....

Funny thing is, I have not gotten any of those emails. The only email that I have ever gotten from CC is when my article sells.