Question about Editorial Process

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

abbylgs

Question about Editorial Process

Post by abbylgs »

I received two rejections today, but they were my first ones. Are editors required to read the whole article, or do they stop reading as sonn as they find one error? I revised one article, and the revision request was minor. I was very surprised when it was rejected again, and the editor mentioned items that were never indicated the first time. Thank you.
Abby
jak

Re: Question about Editorial Process

Post by jak »

If you get a rejection, always take the opportunity to check the article thoroughly for needed revisions before resubmitting. I suspect that editors don't always read on once they have decided to reject, and they certainly won't if the problem is a formatting one.
abbylgs

Post by abbylgs »

It was not a formatting issue, but this information is helpful. Thanks. Abby
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

abbylgs wrote:I received two rejections today, but they were my first ones. Are editors required to read the whole article, or do they stop reading as sonn as they find one error? I revised one article, and the revision request was minor. I was very surprised when it was rejected again, and the editor mentioned items that were never indicated the first time. Thank you.
Abby
Abby,

Once the editors hit an error they stop reading. They will use one of the pre-canned rejection notices in most cases, and bump it back to you. If there are other errors, you'd better find them before resubmitting.