If an Article is Revised and Later Acccepted

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

abbylgs

If an Article is Revised and Later Acccepted

Post by abbylgs »

Does it count as a rejection for purposes of the three rejections? Thank you. Abby
jak

Re: If an Article is Revised and Later Acccepted

Post by jak »

No. If your article is finally accepted, you're a CC author unless you really blot your copybook at a later date. The three rejections ruling is only normally used if an author obviously cannot meet CC standards or will not follow the guidelines.
abbylgs

Post by abbylgs »

I thought this might not be the case. I am glad I was wrong. Thanks for the info. Abby
AteoAltruist

Post by AteoAltruist »

Sheepishly, I'll chime in here. I've had probably 10 rejected out of the fifteen or so articles I've submitted. I too was worried about getting tossed, but these editors are helpful, and until I get the boot, or am told differently, I'm not going to stress too much about it. I go over my stuff with a fine tooth comb until I strongly believe there cannot possibly be errors (and by that I mean OCD-perfect) but there often are... but I know I've done my absolute best, and the vast number of revisions probably improves the quality. It will have to be streamlined or I'll have to stop writing so much, but until then I'll keep learning.