CC seems to be changing its editing standards

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sarita

CC seems to be changing its editing standards

Post by Sarita »

I had my article rejected two days ago for paragraphs that weren't properly focused. They then immediately suspended my account . A friend had her account suspended for the same reason today. We both have about 50 accepted articles on CC between us and we always wrote the same way. CC, though, appears to not edit the same way now. They seem to want better flow and focus now, all of a sudden. If they want that, they should just say so. Instead, they just suspend accounts the very first time they bring this problem up. Isn't it unusual that they would suspend you the very first time for something minor like paragraph focus and flow?
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Re: CC seems to be changing its editing standards

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hello Sarita,

I am getting into trouble for this as well, and I am disappointed because I thought that I worked hard on the last article, and that it was quite clear.

I am going to give up for a while, and wait until I get a Private Request.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

My guess is a new editor is on board. I would contact CC directly if you have been suspended after having 50 articles approved. That's just me though. I'd want a clearer explanation and validation for the suspension.

Lisa-Anne - hang in there!

WG
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Thank you so much, Word Gypsy.

I read my article again, and I think that I can see why it was criticised so severely. I will be much more careful next time!
Also, I think that I find the 'energy' topic difficult, so I probably won't write any more articles about it.