My articles have been rejected and my account suspended

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sarita

My articles have been rejected and my account suspended

Post by Sarita »

After 24 accepted articles and 3 sales over 2 months, I had 2 articles rejected for careless writing a couple of days ago. They then suspended my account. The suspension was by method of a very rude message (about par for Constant Content). I wrote to them asking if they could reconsider. They didn't even bother replying.

I am more worried about the 24 articles that were listed on my account, though. When I search on Constant Content, they are just not there anymore. Do they erase all accepted articles when they suspend an account? Why would they do that? I would not have written them if there were no CC to put them on. This is quite unethical of CC. How could they pull articles that were previously accepted? Is there a way out? Thanks
weagle87

Re: My articles have been rejected and my account suspended

Post by weagle87 »

Your post makes me a little afraid to invest time in this. I'm new, but I had some big hopes. Does anyone know what is normal?
SJHillman

Re: My articles have been rejected and my account suspended

Post by SJHillman »

If your account was suspended, then all of your articles are no longer for sale. However, you do retain the rights to them and of are free to sell them elsewhere. You still need to abide by the terms of any sales that you did make (usage/unique/full rights).

I have to ask what their rude message was. While I've had a lot of very brief messages from editors that border on curt, I've never had one that was obviously rude. Also, support sometimes takes a little longer to get back to you. Longer turn-around time for editors and support is one of the trade-offs for CC's relatively low share of 35%. If it's been more than a week, I would try contacting them again.