Formatting Problems

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TamiMason

Formatting Problems

Post by TamiMason »

Hi, I'm having real trouble having my article accepted due to formatting problems, that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have thoroughly read the formatting guidelines, but the problem doesn't seem to be with the article itself, but the formatting on the submission form.

My first submission came back instructing me to single space the lines (which I thought I already had) so I altered the formatting and it came back saying not to double-space the lines. I altered it again and it came back saying the formatting was wrong but it didn't tell me what I'd done wrong.

I asked a while ago and I was told to change the document type from .doc to rtf. I did this and still no joy. I'm really struggling with this (though I don't understand why!) so any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help :)
iamyownboss

Re: Formatting Problems

Post by iamyownboss »

The default paragraph and line settings in .doc is higher than the single spacing required here. Go to Paragraph and under spacing, make sure both before and after fields are set to 0. Then under line spacing, the default value next to "Multiple" is 1.5. Set that to 1. This is what works for me. Good luck!
TamiMason

Re: Formatting Problems

Post by TamiMason »

Thank you Iamyonwboss - that's really helpful, I'll give it another go! :)