String of Rejections

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lisa-Anne Sanderson

String of Rejections

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

I've recently had a string of rejections that surprised me. I decided to read through the Guidelines again and try much harder but I'm feeling extremely disheartened.

The last rejection was because I wrote '1970's' instead of '1970s'. I used English grammar and spelling and I really thought that the apostrophe was usually used in England and in Australia. Perhaps it is going out of fashion?

Please help! I am scared of getting suspended because of too many rejections.
mnicol22

Re: String of Rejections

Post by mnicol22 »

Hi Lisa-Anne!

That is a very common mistake, and it probably wouldn't get you suspended. It is important, though, that you take the editors' advice into consideration and try not to repeat mistakes they have already pointed out to you. C-C can help you improve your writing, but the standards are high and too many rejections can indeed lead to suspension. Make sure you double-check your articles before submitting, and practice a lot. There are many great grammar sites that can help you out whenever you're in doubt. :wink:

Good luck!
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Thank you so much for your kind answer. I am quite scared to submit anything now but I would
like to keep writing for a particular client. It looks like I may have to have a good look at other
writing sites, in case.

Is it possible to apply again after being suspended? I hope so!
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi,
I just wanted to offer you some peace of mind. Your reputation as an established writer should keep you from getting suspended as long as you make the corrections and the effort to improve in the areas that need it. Unfortunately, once an author is suspended, there is no coming back. Just answering your question, I don't think this will happen to you as you've been around for quite a while.
WG
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Hello Word Gypsy,

Thank you so much for your reassurance. I will certainly try to make the corrections and improve my articles.
I will do my best and see what happens.

Best Regards,
Lisa