What might be the reason for rejecting this article?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jatelo2

What might be the reason for rejecting this article?

Post by Jatelo2 »

THE UNTOLD SECRETS OF TIMESHARE
Timeshare, with a history dating back to 1965, started in France when a French Developer convinced people that it was cheaper to buy a hotel as compared to renting it. The success of this idea helped spread timeshare worldwide with the term meaning different things to various people. Irrespective of the varying definitions of Timeshare, the standalone point is that it is a way of owning property for a specified time on a yearly basis. With this fact in mind, one needs to examine whether Timeshare offers a good investment or not.
Timeshares do come in different forms which can also be referred to as types. There is the timeshare with multiple locations where those who love travelling has the option to use timeshare space in multiple locations. Other timeshare types include: Fixed Week Timeshare, Life Property, Deeded Property, Leased Property and Floating Time and Points. As for the Floating Time and Points one buys credits also known as points and uses them as they deem fit provided it is within a specified Timeframe. The choice of a timeshare is based on personal schedule and the available investment money.
When looking for a good investment though, Timeshare doesn’t appeal as such. First, there are high possibilities of being conned or scammed now that there are hundreds of entities claiming to sell timeshares. It is also a researched fact that most timeshare doesn’t appreciate in value thus making a non profitable business venture for the investors. Another factor that discredits timeshares is the absence of a personal touch on properties, especially in cases where the tenancy rotates among different individuals. There is also the issue of resale. Most investors would love to resale their properties an option that is practically made impossible due to lack of market for selling used properties.
Finally, there is the menace of hidden fees which investors are never made aware of initially when they make the purchase. Maintenance expenses incurred by investors may even reach the $500 mark annually.
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Re: What might be the reason for rejecting this article?

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hi Jatelo,

It's an interesting subject so it's certainly worth revising the article and resubmitting it. I'm probably not the right person to help because I've been getting rejections lately. I did notice a few things, however.

I noticed a few typos, for example. Developer should be "developer" and you sometimes capitalize "Timeshare", but not always.

"Standalone" should be two words, I think.

I don't think that the article is very clear. I didn't understand the first paragraph, for example. Try to explain the history of Timeshare more clearly.
Jatelo2

Post by Jatelo2 »

Lisa-Anne Sanderson wrote:Hi Jatelo,

It's an interesting subject so it's certainly worth revising the article and resubmitting it. I'm probably not the right person to help because I've been getting rejections lately. I did notice a few things, however.

I noticed a few typos, for example. Developer should be "developer" and you sometimes capitalize "Timeshare", but not always.

"Standalone" should be two words, I think.

I don't think that the article is very clear. I didn't understand the first paragraph, for example. Try to explain the history of Timeshare more clearly.

Thanks for the insight I'll certainly do the suggested revisions. Any does it pay to write with this site? Just asking because I joined recently and this is my first submission and rejection!
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Oh, this site pays, alright! The reason for higher prices here than anywhere else is because buyers know they're getting quality, error-free articles, so you do have to be very careful there. In addition to those pointed out by Lisa-Ann, there are a few more, like choice of words (eg. "Most investors would love to resale their properties" should be "Most investors would love to RESELL their properties"), comma placement (the same sentence is missing a comma), etc. Proofread at least twice and maybe even get someone to proofread for you. You could also use paperrater.com to see where your mistakes are, although it is not a perfect tool.
Hope you'll be able to get your article submitted. Good luck!