A question about rejections

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jonathan

A question about rejections

Post by Jonathan »

Firstly, I don't mind rejections. I feel it makes me a better writer, so it doesn't bother my self-esteem or anything like that. I was just wondering how many rejections some of you got before you got your first article accepted. After I signed up here, I submitted three articles. I've had two come back rejected for minor grammatical errors (a misplaced comma and no hyphen between double and edged). I'm just kind of worried about the whole "three strike" thing. If my third article gets rejected, will they give me the boot? Just curious. lol

Excellent forum by the way. This place is awesome.

Jonathan
iamyownboss

Re: A question about rejections

Post by iamyownboss »

I don't think you have to worry about the rule as long as you don't keep making the same mistake. Misplaced comma is a very common problem. The rule is more for repetitive errors and writers who don't seem to be progressing. My first article was approved but my fourth was rejected for 2 errant commas! What I noticed is that it gets easier to proofread very carefully after a while and your rejections will become far fewer. Take your time proof reading and you'll save a lot of time on not having to fix a rejected article and putting it back into the queue.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

:D Thank you very much! I'm enjoying my time here and do legitimately think that C-C will make me a better writer. I'm excited for the opportunity.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

The two articles I resubmitted have been accepted. I'm a happy guy. Now I can do some serious writing. :D
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi. Sometimes you can get different editors saying opposite things, which makes it difficult. Just keep trying!