Not going to bother with this site anymore

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

sapphire99336

Not going to bother with this site anymore

Post by sapphire99336 »

I got one article accepted on this site right off the bat. I sent another one and got it rejected. I made the changes and just got it rejected a second time. As near as I can tell it's very similar in quality to the one I had accepted, and in any case the comments I received were unhelpful. I'm not going to subject myself to the random whims of the editors here; it's clear to me that there's no common set of guidelines as to what's acceptable. I see no need to frustrate myself.
evaku

Re: Not going to bother with this site anymore

Post by evaku »

I'm sorry you feel that way. Would you mind telling me why the comments were so unhelpful? Did they actually point out an error or was it just... completely random? The thing you have to remember is that, I think, when an editor catches a mistake they stop reading, so you could very well still have mistakes further down in the article. Being very similar in quality doesn't really matter if there is even one error in there somewhere. My very early articles are much worse quality than the ones I can do today, but they got accepted (after several rejections each, mind you), because I finally got them to be free of any spelling/grammatical/formatting errors. That is simply what it takes here, and it might take you a few articles to get used to it. I got the hang of it after around 5. If I was you I would make the corrections and stick around for a while more, but that's up to you!
mnicol22

Re: Not going to bother with this site anymore

Post by mnicol22 »

Hi,

C-C has a set of rules, and you can find them in the Writer's Guidelines. A general, all-inclusive rule is that they don't accept articles with any errors whatsoever. Anything from a dangling modifier to a misplaced comma can get your article sent back for revision. It's annoying and somewhat painful at first, but you get used to it and, eventually, learn to spot and correct your mistakes.

I'm pretty certain that every writer on this site has had a considerable number of rejections. That is no reason to put you down. If you stick around for a while, you will find that persistence pays off. However, the decision is yours to make.

Good luck with whatever you choose.