Why does an empty submission disqualify an article?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Srinivasayyar

Why does an empty submission disqualify an article?

Post by Srinivasayyar »

I received the rejection message below for an article I submitted. They say that the Word document I attached was empty. It appears the file I submitted became corrupted somehow. Would they reject an article outright over a corrupted file? The article was called "Work-From-Home Ideas that are Fun and that Pay Well". I assume the title was the only part that they did get to see. You don't suppose the hyphenation in "work-from-home" was unacceptable to them do you? To use hyphenation there is not conventional certainly, but look at this one: "Tory Johnson's Work-From-Home Tips - ABC News". It's certainly not wrong if it appears on ABC News, is it? Do let me know what you think.

Unfortunately, we can no longer consider this article for approval. Please do not resubmit.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

The file submitted opens to an empty document.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====
iamyownboss

Re: Why does an empty submission disqualify an article?

Post by iamyownboss »

I'm pretty sure the problem is not the title. The reason clearly says that the document you submitted was empty. Have you passed it through a virus scan? If the file was corrupted because of a virus, they'll definitely block you from submitting the same file again. To be safe, I suggest that you send an email to support asking for more details.