Is it not original? Explanation needed

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

aritahime

Is it not original? Explanation needed

Post by aritahime »

I received email like this:

We have reviewed your content, "5 Snoring Treatments." Unfortunately, we can no longer consider this article for approval. Please do not resubmit.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

We accept only completely original content. Constant Content has a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism. Your account has been suspended. We will consider no more of your submissions.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

And here is the article:

If like me you sound like a bear growling a cave when your asleep, then you will no that snoring has a big impact on life. Regardless of the health issues (which are significant), snoring can play havoc with your relationship.

If you are at your wits end with being woken up every hour either to the sound of your own snoring, or being dug in the back and told to “Roll Over”; or if you are the long suffering snorer, then read over these five tips of snoring treatment.

SNORING TREATMENT 1

Take a look at your diet. Although this probably won’t be the complete snoring treatment answer, it is worth starting with what you’re eating and drinking. You could have intolerance to certain foods which affects your breathing, especially when lying on your back. For instance, too much (or an intolerance to) dairy produce may cause you to become blocked up with mucus, when horizontal; this collects causing heavy breathing and snoring. Alcohol is another common offender.

SNORING TREATMENT 2

Being overweight is another considerable contributor. Excess weight in the neck and chest puts pressure on the breathing passage.

SNORING TREATMENT 3

Sleep on your side or front. Now this is easier said than done, because it’s hard to control your sleeping position when you are asleep! However, there is an old trick that may be worth considering. You could sow a walnut, table tennis ball or similar size object into the back of a shirt and wear that when you sleep. Each time you roll on your back it will dig into you, causing you to roll back again – providing you don’t take your shirt of in your sleep.

SNORING TREATMENT 4

Use nasal strips. These will be very helpful, at least to start with. Nasal strips (often used by athletes) open the air passage for you, thus removing or preventing blockages. If you’re desperate it’s worth a try, but the cost can add up over the days, months and years.

SNORING TREATMENT 5

I’ve saved the best until last. Exercising the muscles in your throat, tongue and doing breathing exercises can totally cure your snoring.

Try those treatments and start sleeping peacefully tonight.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Is it not original? Explanation needed

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Out of curiosity, I copied and pasted your sample in plagium.com and it found the article posted in 18 different locations. Looks like it was originally published on EzineArticles by an author named David something and published by several other blogs. If you're the original author, it's not a good idea to try to sell an EzineArticles article here in the first place (even for usage) because it's available for free there - and you can't control where it ends up and how the other bloggers attribute it to you. Even though they're supposed to keep your byline etc, many don't. So, that's mistake #1.

Mistake #2: It's written in first person point of view. CC does not accept first person articles.

Mistake #3: The article is full of grammar errors. The first sentence
If like me you sound like a bear growling a cave when your asleep, then you will no that snoring has a big impact on life.
is full of them: If like me you | a bear growling a cave | your asleep | you will no.
Lysis

Re: Is it not original? Explanation needed

Post by Lysis »

Wow, nice catch CC. Good job.