Rejection Question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jsimms

Rejection Question

Post by jsimms »

I just posted in the Question and Answer thread, before I realized this was more appropriately placed here. The rejected article title was "Building a Semi/Self-Sustaining Aquaculture," in case my editor is on here and would care to shed any additional light before I resubmit.

Question about the Review Process

Hi Guys,

I am very new to Constant Content, and I submitted my very first article a couple of days ago. I received the following in my email this evening.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

self-sustaining is hyphenated.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Given that self-sustaining, minus the hyphen, was used toward the end of my article, do I need to make any other changes before resubmitting? It was a simple typo, and every other instance of the word contained the proper hyphen. I am more than happy to make the change. Is this common on this site? Do editors here make no direct corrections? Many of the other sites I work with simply apply the corrections. I'm just trying to get a feel for this site and how it works.

Thanks in advance for any input and information!
iamyownboss

Re: Rejection Question

Post by iamyownboss »

Welcome! On CC editors will not correct anything, no matter how small the error may be. If the typo was close to the end of the article then it's probably good to go once you correct it. However, it may just be good to give it one more read through before submitting. Keeping in mind that these little things can get an article rejected, it's wise to avoid these sort of errors first up - proofread once and then proofread again! After the first few, it becomes second nature and the silly mistakes won't happen frequently.
jsimms

Post by jsimms »

Thanks! I try not read over my work too much. There is no such thing as perfection in writing, and I will make a change every time I look. At some point it becomes counter-productive and a time sink. I think I'll try and work out reciprocal proofreading with some friends. That would at least take care of typos and such.
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

You risk getting suspended if you keep repeating the same errors, which is almost guaranteed if you do not proofread. You should always run your spellcheck as well - that would have caught "selfsustaining."