Where i'm wrong with my article?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mrghostly

Where i'm wrong with my article?

Post by mrghostly »

High blood pressure during pregnancy

High blood pressure affects pregnancy in several ways - all with a negative sign. Although it is common in pregnant women, high blood pressure in most cases will not prevent us from giving birth to a healthy baby. However, this condition can lead to some complications, so it is especially important to understand that high blood indicators suggest regular monitoring and care under the guidance of our treating physician.
If left untreated, high blood pressure can be particularly dangerous for the health of the pregnant and the baby on other side. Even it is more dangerous if the pregnant had a problem with blood pressure before her pregnancy.

This medical condition is referred as chronic high blood pressure - hypertension. Different types of high blood pressure (chronic, preeclampsia and during pregnancy) affects approximately 6-8% of all pregnant women.
Influence of high blood pressure on pregnancy
Pain, discomfort and symptoms, which causes high blood pressure on pregnancy could be from mild to severe. Among high-risk complications are premature birth, low birth weight of the baby and even damage to certain organs in the body of the mother, such as kidneys.
In the worst cases, things can be more dangerous and may endanger the lives of mother and baby. This very serious condition of high blood pressure during pregnancy is called preeclampsia.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Where i'm wrong with my article?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
I spotted a few errors immediately. Here are some comments for the first couple of paragraphs:

High blood pressure affects pregnancy in several ways - all with a negative sign. -- awkward -- try: High blood pressure adversely affects pregnancy in several ways.

Although it is common in pregnant women, high blood pressure in most cases (try: 'generally' or set it off with commas) will not prevent us (try: women, pregnant women, or expectant mothers --- not us) from giving birth to a healthy baby. (If you change it to women/mothers, you may need to change the last part from 'a healthy baby' to 'healthy babies.') Also, you might want to add "when controlled/treated" to this because later you say it's dangerous if left untreated.

However, this condition can lead to some complications, so it is especially important to understand that high blood indicators (symptoms) suggest regular monitoring and care under the guidance of our (avoid the collective first person - our, we, us - use either 'your' or 'the') treating physician. (Long sentence. Try breaking it down and simplifying it: However, this condition can cause complications. High blood pressure symptoms require regular care and monitoring by a physician.)

If left untreated, high blood pressure can be particularly dangerous for the health of the pregnant (pregnant woman)and the baby on other side awkward -- try and her unborn baby. Even it is more dangerousIt is even more dangerous if the pregnant had if the pregnant woman had a problem with highblood pressure before her pregnancy.