Question about resubmission

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JesseS11

Question about resubmission

Post by JesseS11 »

What is the correct procedure if you attach an incorrect file? The system does not seem to let you remove such an article and repost it? Therefore, it seems you can end up submitting the same article multiple times-- which can be confusing to say the least. Also, when submitting a file with simple corrections (such as an additional space or apostrophe) one article came back with the notice that changes have not been amended, even though the file shows as correct when downloaded. Is this a glitch in the system, or does it have to do with specific word programs such as Word or Office? Has anybody else run across these issues?
HRoberts

Re: Question about resubmission

Post by HRoberts »

Thank you for asking this question. I just came here to ask the same thing. I attached the original article again 3 times before I figured out how to get the edited one in there. I made a note to the editors asking if they would please disregard all of the extra attached files except for the last one. It was approved very quickly after resubmission, which was very nice. But I wish I had been able to delete those extra files so as not to be a nuisance to anyone trying to make sense of it.

Am I correct in that I should "attach new file" to resubmit a corrected version? It seems that "reattach file" simply attaches the version with mistakes again. But if that is the case, why would "reattach file" even be an option?
GBen

Post by GBen »

I also have a concern about resubmission. What I did was download the uploaded file and made changes then I uploaded it back again without changing the name of the file. I wonder if the editor/s will be confused on which one is the edited file. Is there a proper way of resubmitting an article after it was rejected? Would it be alright if I delete a rejected article and then submit it again with the corrections as if it is a new article?
jak

Post by jak »

I always keep a copy of what I have submitted on my computer. When the resubmit form was first introduced, I had these kind of problems and the following is what I eventually found worked. When I receive a rejection I save the document with a new file name, make the required changes on that one and then add it to my resubmission. The new file is the one that is reviewed.
HRoberts

Post by HRoberts »

That is what I ended up doing as well. I named the new file "XYZ-edited."