Rejection of article

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

vjlenin

Rejection of article

Post by vjlenin »

Hi, my article, ""The Best Computer Backup Applications out There." was rejected yesterday. I didn't get any specific suggestions from Ed, just that it has some grammar errors and awkward wording. Could you please give me some more suggestions, Ed? I am including first few lines of the article here fore reference...
--------------------------------------------

The Best Computer Backup Applications out There

It is extremely important that you periodically back up your hard drive, files, and applications. With hard drive crashes being so common, backing up will help you maintain your important files. The most important feature of a back-up program is that it can do it automatically. Here, you will find some of the best applications available in this category today.

1. NovaBackup

This is a software program designed for beginners as well as advanced users. Its easy and intuitive interface makes backing up your data very easy. The interface of the application is split into two views—simple and advanced. Advanced backup view feature gives the users who have prior experience in backup process some great tools. Simple view makes the application friendlier to novices. In the advanced view, you can find options such as virus scan, backup of opened files, integrity verification, and data compression. With loads of other backup features, this is a great program for the purpose.

2. Acronis True Image

Acronis is a great application to back up files, programs, or even settings. It can back up your hard drive, and it provides such features as differential and incremental backups.

There is a feature in this application known as Try and Decide, which lets you test a software installation and then restore the original configuration, rolling back your changes. Besides this, Acronis True Image has a bunch of advanced features, such as hard drive eraser, email notifications, PC cloning utility, etc
ShannonA

Re: Rejection of article

Post by ShannonA »

Well, I'm not Ed, but I will chime in with some suggestions.
The most important feature of a back-up program is that it can do it automatically.
Multiple uses of "it" here. It would be better to clarify what you mean. "The most important feature of a back-up program is that it can operate automatically" or something like that.
Its easy and intuitive interface makes backing up your data very easy.
Multiple uses of "easy" makes this feel redundant. Try a synonym like "simple" or just eliminate the use of "easy" when describing the interface.
Advanced backup view feature gives the users who have prior experience in backup process some great tools.
Probably want to start this with a "the" I'm guessing? "The advanced backup view..."

I'm not sure if you got comments on your use of commas but some of those seem misplaced.
vjlenin

Re: Rejection of article

Post by vjlenin »

I wanted to say, I submitted a third article about wireless network security, after a week of editing, and close watching. And that article didn't even stay one week after acceptance. Somebody picked it up today for 79.99. I am a happy fella!