1st article rejected. Advice please.

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MatthewA

1st article rejected. Advice please.

Post by MatthewA »

Hi Contant Contenters.

I recently submitted my first article, and, as i expected, it was rejected. The rejection was a little expected, but the context wasn't.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

Please use full-page margins appropriately

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

I presume this means the article itself has passed the review, but the margins i used within my word processing software was not set how constant content see fit.

Does anyone know what the margin settings are, and what "full-page margins" actually are?

I expect this is pretty obvious, but i would rather get some insight before just putting my margin point to the maximum, re-submitting, and hoping for the best.

Many thanks - - - :D
MatthewA

Re: 1st article rejected. Advice please.

Post by MatthewA »

Oh! Sorry, Im using LibreOffice, saving as a .doc - if this helps :wink:
SJHillman

Re: 1st article rejected. Advice please.

Post by SJHillman »

I often use LibreOffice for my articles and have never had an issue with the margins set to the defaults (0.79" all the way around). I also searched through the writer guidelines and found no mention of what appropriate margins might be.

It's also possible the editor selected the wrong rejection reason. Make sure all of your other formatting is correct.

- Size 12 Times New Roman or Arial Black (Although I use Arial as Arial Black is rendered as bold on some systems)
- Single-spaced lines
- Skip a line between paragraphs

Some editors also don't like it if you indent the beginning of a paragraph.