Rejected for spacing issues - formatting problem?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

misstamla

Rejected for spacing issues - formatting problem?

Post by misstamla »

I have had three articles rejected, all for too many spaces between words, yet when I check what I have submitted, there are no extra spaces between words in any of them. I can't 'correct' mistakes that aren't there! I re-submitted one of them yesterday, and it has been rejected again for the same reason. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, can someone advise me as to what I can do to prevent the problem. I submit all my articles on MS Word.

Many thanks in anticipation!
Lysis

Re: Rejected for spacing issues - formatting problem?

Post by Lysis »

Do you mean paragraph spacing? Word defaults to the 1.5" spacing, so you have to change it to the 1" spacing for paragraphs.

Stupid question but something I've actually seen someone ask: "double spacing" means two lines between paragraph sentences. It doesn't mean two spaces between words. Yes, this was actually posted in the Suite101 forums, so I'm just making sure that's not what you're doing. LOL
SJHillman

Post by SJHillman »

When it comes to formatting a digital work (as opposed to something you will print from the same computer you create it on), I recommend against using MS Word. Different versions of Word, different default settings, etc can make it look different depending on which computer or which program it's viewed on. Personally, I use Libre Office or Google Docs. Wordpad is another great choice, especially for RTF files.
misstamla

Post by misstamla »

Hi, Lysis; no, it was spacing between words that was the problem, apparently. One example was highlighted and I was asked to remove the space between two words and, when I did, it turned the two words into one, so I just can't see what the problem is!

SJHillman, hi; I've always used MS Word and never had this problem before, but I will take your advice and try using something that you have suggested. I submit work elsewhere, and always have to use Notepad to format it before submitting.

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.

I have asked CC for their ideas, so will see what they have to say, too.