Article Rejected for Summary Length

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jenifercotter

Article Rejected for Summary Length

Post by jenifercotter »

Good morning. I am a newbie here at CC and had my 1st article accepted no worries but my 2nd submission was rejected for the following reason:
Our guidelines describe minimum length requirements for short summaries.

What I don't understand is the short summary I submitted was actually half of the article (348 words of a 694 word article)...well over the 1/3 required.

So I'm not sure why it didn't meet guidelines. It is a list of 5 items and I provided 2 of the 5.

Does anyone have recommendations for how long to make my short summary?

Should I simply include the entire article or should I possibly make it include 3 of the 5 items? I don't want to be rejected again for short summary but not sure what to do as I already met the guidelines as I understood them.

Thanks so much for any input!
Jen
SJHillman

Re: Article Rejected for Summary Length

Post by SJHillman »

Are you mixing up the short and long summaries? The short summary should be at least three sentences and should not be copied from the article. The long summary must be at least 1/3 of the article.
jenifercotter

Post by jenifercotter »

I think I did mix them up. My short summary was 3 sentences long at 78 words. Should I rework the summary to include more than 3 sentences? The content was not taken from the article so perhaps they'd really prefer more than just 3 sentences? Thanks for pointing out my lovely Monday morning oops! My brain isn't to full speed yet it seems :~)
jenifercotter

Post by jenifercotter »

And I now realize my article has 4 items listed, not 5. Very slow brain today! I changed my short summary to have 4 sentences and 85 words...let's hope that's good!