Please Help: Rejections (eHow issues)

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jenjeant

Please Help: Rejections (eHow issues)

Post by jenjeant »

Hi all,

I can't understand why my article submissions are being rejected. I'm getting this message:
"We accept only completely original content. "

My content is original. It was previously published on eHow back when they were allowing anyone to submit content. After eHow changed, I made sure that they took my articles off of the site. This was awhile ago.

Today before I submitted my content, I did a search on Google to make sure the article title is not coming up in any search results. I also copied and pasted some of the article content just to double check that it was all gone.

In addition, I changed my article title and rewrote over half of the content just to make sure I didn't run into this rejection problem again. Ugh!

Is there anything I can do? Does anyone know of another site like Constant Content where I can submit articles and set my prices? This site is just too hard to work with, especially when I can't even respond to these rejection emails.

Thanks!
jadedragon

Re: Please Help: Rejections (eHow issues)

Post by jadedragon »

ya, the problem is that content from ehow could still be on the site (I don't trust them). It could be cached somewhere. It could have been stolen or rephrased (ehow content is a favorite target). Most of the articles there are a poor match for CC anyway because of the strict how-to format. Another problem is that because the ehow article was published before you can only sell it for usage here - much less then a fresh article can sell for.

If you can't get an article accepted here just post it for revenue share. Write fresh high quality content for CC and you will do well.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

There are a lot of caches of old web pages. If Constant Content cannot identify you as the author of previously published material, you won't be able to use it here, even for usage rights.
jenjeant

Post by jenjeant »

Thanks for your responses. Okay, I thought enough time had passed since the whole eHow thing, but I guess not. Lesson learned!