Article requires revision - No editorial information

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

suvitha

Article requires revision - No editorial information

Post by suvitha »

Hi,

I have written my first article on CC yesterday. I have read all the guidelines before submitting the file. However, the article was not accepted and requires revision.

The title of the article " Top 3 freelance writing websites for an online writing career "

The editorial information is empty. So I am not sure if there are any grammatical mistakes or formatting issues.

=== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

I would like your advice before proceeding with the revision. Please help me with this.

Regards
Roja
jellygator

Re: Article requires revision - No editorial information

Post by jellygator »

There's no way to guess without seeing the article. I can see that your title capitalization isn't proper in this post. Was it correct on your submission?

You can include a note to the editors when you resubmit. You may want to carefully proofread first, but I'm sure they'd give you the feedback you need.
suvitha

Post by suvitha »

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the title was capitalized. I have used the auto-capitalization feature on the submission page. I have submitted a .docx file and the submission guidelines say only .doc, .rtf, .txt. I think that might be a reason. However, I am not sure.

Moreover, I got another message that there is no file attached. When I attached the .doc again, it goes it unfinished status. I do not find a button to resubmit the article. After a long search I deleted the entire article and submitted the article again with some modifications in a .doc format.

I think I have to learn a lot here before getting the hang of the system.

Regards
Roja
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

That may very well be the reason. I cannot submit in .doc or .docx format because it was getting rejected. Scouring these forum posts led me to some posts by other people that recommended the .rtf format, which has worked very well for me ever since.
suvitha

Post by suvitha »

I have submit the file again in .doc instead of .docx. But do you think I should I remove it again and use a .rtf file. or shall I wait for the review and then decide on what to do?
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

Personally, I decided to submit everything in .rtf simply to keep my rejections as low as possible. It's so easy to make minor mistakes that require revision, and your acceptance rate determines your eligibility for writer pool assignments.
suvitha

Post by suvitha »

Wow! My article is accepted now. I have submitted .doc instead of .docx and the article was accepted without any revisions. My first article is live on CC now. I am so excited.

Thank you for your support. And how long does it take normally to sell one article? I know it depends on the topic and buyers.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

I may not be the best person to answer your question, but I'll try. I only started submitting here in September and I price my articles higher than average. I do not offer unique or enable the "accept offers" function.

I have submitted a total of 55 articles. My sales have been:

fullrights $25.00 01/05/2012
use $25.00 01/02/2012

fullrights $99.00 12/22/2011
use $20.00 12/15/2011
use $30.00 12/09/2011
use $35.00 12/08/2011
use $30.00 12/08/2011

use $20.00 11/29/2011
fullrights $79.00 11/28/2011
use $30.00 11/11/2011
use $25.00 11/10/2011

use $20.00 10/13/2011
use $40.00 10/05/2011

It was about a month for my first sale, though others have sold articles within minutes of acceptance.

Two usage licenses were on the same article, which has had a total of 44 views.
Three sales took place after 8 views. Most were between 12-25 views, with one sale after 60 views (that was the $99 article.)
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Jellygator, thanks so much for being willing to share this information. I (and I'm sure others!) really appreciate it. I'm new to online writing and have been on C-C for about two months. I've had one sale, but I've only submitted 13 articles - starting off slow and steady. It can sometimes feel like we're writing in a bit of a vacuum, though, so it's really helpful to see someone's submissions and sales laid out like that. Thanks again for taking the time!
suvitha

Post by suvitha »

Thank you so much for the information. My first article is already sold within 1 hour of acceptance. It was usage rights though. I am excited. I have written another article and posted here. Waiting for the approval.

Thanks again for all the help.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

You're welcome. :P